challenge to camo manufacturers!!

HardLoadHunter

Jun 13, 2014
i would like to challenge camo manufactures to bring their manufacturing back to the United States!! im getting tires of support other countries when the jobs are needed here. and YES i will gladly pay the extra for quality MADE IN THE USA products.

HLH,

I hear ya....unfortunately, the number of people who are willing to pay for US manufacturing isn't enough to keep these businesses in business. It would force them to go to a consumer-direct model, which would make it really hard to market effectively enough to stay profitable. Pricing would likely be 2X what you're currently paying as well. As much of a good thought and hope that it is, the bottom line is that companies have to watch their bottom line...and with the high cost of manufacturing in the US, it doesn't pencil out to keeping the lights on...

"It would force them to go to a consumer-direct model, which would make it really hard to market effectively enough to stay profitable. Pricing would likely be 2X what you're currently paying as well. As much of a good thought and hope that it is, the bottom line is that companies have to watch their bottom line...and with the high cost of manufacturing in the US, it doesn't pencil out to keeping the lights on..."

good point buglelk, I do think that there could be some size additions, especially in the inseam department. It's hard to find high quality gear that doesn't leave me waiting for high water.

I agree with what has been said above. Buying all USA made goods sounds great but at the end of the day companies have to watch their margins and volumes that they're able to sell. It's simply too expensive for companies to produce all USA made goods at price point consumers will like.

I agree with the price point issue but Ialso know of companies such as Blacks Creek Guide Gear that have pulled production from over seas redesigned and now 100% manufactured in Caldwell Idaho. Their packs are of great quality and design and are still very competitive in pricing. I think if we as hunters/outdoorsman start the demand it can happen. My bow setup is all Made in the USA and I will slowly be transitioning out all my gear for items that can be purchased in USA. Im sure I will never be able to get 100% made is USA but im going to do my best.

even if some of the companies would offer a USA made line so we could have the choice would be great (like Coleman). I personally would save to spend the extra and support American jobs in the USA

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back