Choosing a Multi-pin Slider Sight

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
I am starting to get the itch to look into a multi-pin slider sight for my bow, probably five pins. I love my current setup and currently shoot a five pine Spot Hogg Real Deal sight, which is awesome in my opinion. I love how compact it is and it's not overly heavy (8.235oz and 4.75" long). I've got it setup with .019 pins for the first three and then .010 on the bottom two. In a perfect world, I'd love my sight with an option to slide the bottom pin, but I know that's not a real option.

I started doing some research and it's made my head spin! There are so many options out there and I'm just curious if there's something I should be looking for outside of weight and length. The slider will be used almost exclusively for target shooting as I don't have any intention of shooting an animal past 60 yards unless it's a follow up shot of some sort. So the sight will primarily sit in a 5 pin setup with 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yard pins, but I do want to start toying around with shooting longer distances.

I do love the Spot Hogg, but realize there are other options out there as well, but having never seen or shot the other options makes me a little hesitant.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Option sight. Can customize how you want or pick a standard production model. Great quality and fits what you want. Single pin for target and or long range and multi pin for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at sword sights I have a 3 pin slider too 2 pins are .19 bottom pin is a .10 and is the slider pin good out to 100 yds . I had my custom made as a 3 pin which doesn?t cost any more they are usually a 5 pin .the sight is built supper tough and is built tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a phobia about movable sights. See too many targets missed at 3D shoots because, dang, I forgot to move my sight.
I went with the Spot Hogg SDP on a Real Deal and a Right On. I can shoot out to 80 with this setup and nothing moves when it shouldn?t.

jstephens61 said:
I have a phobia about movable sights. See too many targets missed at 3D shoots because, dang, I forgot to move my sight.

Yeah, I may or may not know that trick...reminds me of my rifle antelope hunt last year! :embarrassed:

I just bought a Montana Black  Gold Accent Verdict. Got it custom with 4" dovetail mount and 5 pins. Picked out the colors and pin sizes. I looked at quite a few this seemed to be the best for my buck.

I have 3 pin w slider trophy ridge w react works awesome wife has spott hogg two pin slider very good as well and fast

87TT said:
I just bought a Montana Black  Gold Accent Verdict. Got it custom with 4" dovetail mount and 5 pins. Picked out the colors and pin sizes. I looked at quite a few this seemed to be the best for my buck.
99% sure i have the same sight.  slightly less $$ than a SpotH.  it's missing those cool allen adjusters you see on a typical SpotH.  i only miss those when i am sighting in.  you know that move when you loosen a clamp to make an adjustment -  loosen, slide..oh, still too tight, loosen some more..hmm still tight..loosen some more.  @#$!#!@$#!@%  too loose!!!  the thing slides way too much and you are lost in your adjustment..time to start over.  :)
but once sighted, it is super solid.  impossible to move.  spotH's,the ones i had were heavy as well.

Can't beat Black gold for pin brightness and sturdiness. I like spott hogs and use one for bowhunter class but lacks pin brightness. I'm trying a trophy ridge react trio now but to soon to vouch for it. Pins are plenty bright not sure of build quality.  I prefer 3 pin slider's over 5 less clutter for my eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back