Christmas Wish List

Swede

Mar 4, 2014
Christmas at our house is very special as we celebrate Jesus.
Christmas is also a busy time. The hardest part for me is trying to find out what I can give my wife and family that is something they really want, and I can afford. The second hardest part, is thinking of something I really want that is affordable. You see, if it is affordable I already have it. Christmas is also a great time to splurge, and get those things you might otherwise do without. I know this is a long introduction just to ask: Hunters what is on your Christmas wish list this year? Are you clever enough to show the list here, to whom it may concern, without being too conspicuous?

I will post my list when I come up with something. Maybe I can accidently leave it up on the computer screen, when my wife is near, and I have to leave for a few minutes. Maybe Olympushunt will see it and get inspired. :D

I have been thinking about putting a Havelon knife on my list.
Never had one, many friends do and it looks like they are a great tool

Brad, I got one recently. I have not used it yet, but it looks awesome. I got the Bolt and some additional skinning blades. I just hope to get to use it next year.

I have not come up with a list yet, but I am thinking I will put a new headlamp on it. I have a very old one. I would like one that is simple with two brightness levels. No red light or flasher stuff. Any suggestions?

Some things on my wish list:

Kelty Cache Hauler (thanks for the recommendation cnelk)
Hunting Pants
More game cams
Reloading supplies
Snake Boots (thanks to the two rattle snakes we killed while dove hunting this year :shock: )

Black Diamond Icon
Bomb Bags
Razor Blaze
Kifaru Meat Bag
Sawyer Mini
Kratos II jacket

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Game camera
A good set of knives for butchering
A new meat grinder with sausage stuffing attachments and a foot pedal :D

i really dont have anything i want for christmas, at least thats in our budget, lol. i will prob just ask for money and put it towards next years hunt.

Good set of camo rain gear. I have my eye on some Kryptec stuff, if I can talk myself into paying that much for it.
better tripod for spotting scope
phone scope
bow case

Last year my wife let me get some stuff off my list at Cabelas on black Friday. I will be there again this year. You can get some good deals if you don\'t mind all the other people there.

\"cnelk\" said:

I cut up a deer with one this year. To say I was impressed would be a huge understatement.

\"cnelk\" said:

Brad, you might also want to look at Outdoor Edge\'s Razor Blaze. From everything I have heard, it is a lot more sturdy than the Havelon. Some people swear by the Havelon\'s, but I have also heard that people don\'t like that they cannot add pressure to them without snapping the blades. Apparently the Outdoor Edge is a lot more sturdy and people aren\'t snapping blades. Just what I\'ve heard... no actual experience with them.

#1: Good health for all my family... Don\'t have a #2 yet since I have way more than I deserve...

Thanks for that info Derek !
Here is what has come to the top of my list ...

Attachments

• image.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 427
\"cohunter14\" said:
\"cnelk\" said:

Brad, you might also want to look at Outdoor Edge\'s Razor Blaze. From everything I have heard, it is a lot more sturdy than the Havelon. Some people swear by the Havelon\'s, but I have also heard that people don\'t like that they cannot add pressure to them without snapping the blades. Apparently the Outdoor Edge is a lot more sturdy and people aren\'t snapping blades. Just what I\'ve heard... no actual experience with them.

I too was thinking about getting a Havelon to add to my lightweight gear list. I recently noticed the Outdoor Edge knife and think I might go with that. The blade should be stronger and not break like the Havelons have been reported to do.

\"bowhunter\" said:
I too was thinking about getting a Havelon to add to my lightweight gear list. I recently noticed the Outdoor Edge knife and think I might go with that. The blade should be stronger and not break like the Havelons have been reported to do.

Those are the exact reports I have heard from folks who have used both Terry :upthumb:

After doing a bit more research I think this climber would better suit my needs

And no, the seat isn\'t orange - it just looks like it :)

Attachments

• image.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 368

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back