Christmas Wish List

ii am pretty well set, so my xmas list isn\'t containing any elk hunting related items. all I want for xmas a big ole bull!

I do not know which blades are the best, but Havalon has beefed up theirs. I would assume they have had complaints on breakage.

I think I would prefer the razor Blaze. I like to bear down on knives....especially when removing a hind at the hip socket. I like the fact that you can also resharpen the blades on the razor Blaze.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

\"cohunter14\" said:
\"bowhunter\" said:
I too was thinking about getting a Havelon to add to my lightweight gear list. I recently noticed the Outdoor Edge knife and think I might go with that. The blade should be stronger and not break like the Havelons have been reported to do.

Those are the exact reports I have heard from folks who have used both Terry :upthumb:

I went to Bass Pro a couple weeks ago and held the Outdoor Edge knife and the Havalon. I also checked out one that Gerber makes. My goal is less weight and decided on the Havalon. I borrowed one from a coworker and gave it a field test. My neighbor had a cow that couldn\'t stand and the vet said she wasn\'t going to make it so he said I could have her. :D So I field tested the 357 mag. and then the Havalon knife. I was impressed with both. The knife I used was the older one that had the 60XT blades on it. The newer 60A blades are 20% thicker. I was able to cut along the loin and fillet it out easily. With the small scalpel like knife I was able to debone with very little meat left on the bone. I also cut through the hip socket without breaking a blade using the older model. I will be ordering a Havalon Piranta Edge in the orange color.

I shot her on top of the head in the brain. She dropped her head and didn\'t even twitch. The 158gr hollow point didn\'t expand much and held together. I found the bullet about 6 inches down the neck along the spine. It had ample penetration and I am sure would perform well on a bear skull if needed. :mg:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back