co draw

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
is drawing near the deadline.
i applied for a moose (first yr), an mulie. A list for archery B list for rifle doe just in case.
for my son i applied for moose, muzzleloader cow elk, mulie rifle an doe mulie, an doe antelope.
we should draw for most of that. i didnt apply for a pp for elk cause i got enuf to ml hunt if i want in my units an not waiting 15 yrs to go to a good unit.
so have yall applied an what for

Today I put in for both my kids and myself.
My son has enough Moose PP to be in the \'game\' now!

He and I will draw an eastern plains rifle buck tag for 91

The rest for us is just Pref Points for elk,deer,bear,antelope

The credit card took a hit tho... :(

I went ahead and PPed deer,elk,antelope and will try to get out a moose in mail if they allow printed apps. How much is a moose PP for them to sit on a while?

Moose PP is the cost of a tag + $3 = $2012
Non residents must use paper applications

Yeah, I did mine a couple of weeks ago. Very simple. Cow elk for muzzleloader, and muley buck for 2nd rifle. Both hunted with my sidelock.

Still thinking about bear, but will probably pass on it.

Holy cow, no wonder the dude at P&R said to send in a big azz check with it. How many years it take to draw and what are success odds? Might be better off to allocate funds towards my Alaska moose-bucket list hunt?

Thoughts? I got zip in CO ATM.

Chances of drawing dont start until year 4.
And the chance of drawing a tag is ~1% after that

It took me 18 years

Ouch, ~1%. I\'ll have to think on that one, doubt I\'ll live 18 years. The 1%, I\'d might win the lottery twice b4 then. Then again you don\'t pay, don\'t play.

bob if i hadnt moved out here i wouldnt even consider it. tags now are over 2 grand for a nr. pluse small chance of drawing. if i still lived in mo i would just save an spend 5 grand an go to canada on a guided trip. that way you know your goin in a few years instead of wondering an let someone else haul it out

Applied for limited archery elk, archery antelope, deer pp and second choice archery deer, bear pp, sheep pp, mt goat pp, and moose pp.

Doing it tonight:

Myself, Elk PP, Deer unit XXX
Son, Deer unit XXX, Elk PP

We\'re focusing on his elk hunt and my deer hunt. If he happens to draw the deer unit then he should be pretty much guaranteed a shot at a deer. I\'ll buy an OTC for elk to hunt with him where Brad referred us to.

Put in for my deer tag and got the kiddo\'s applications in for deer today. Everything else will be OTC, as usual! Hoping I can draw my plains deer again this year. I have a new spot that should be the BOMB!

Elk PP, OTC if not successful
Deer PP, archery deer tag for my unit that is traditionally undersubscribed 2nd choice.
Pronghorn PP.

Finally dropped my $400+ over the weekend. Elk tag, deer tag, antelope point with a hopeful tag on a 2nd choice, moose pref point, and the combo small game/fishing license with the extra rod. At least you get miles on the credit card while the DOW sits on some of that money...

Put in for PP for my son and I on elk.
Deer 1 - 3 options and leftover draw as final, for both of us.
Then for myself I added.
Sheep
Goat
Plus I picked up my 2014 combo for small game and fishing.

I hope everyone got all their tags in yesterday!

Now the waiting begins.
In late May, the CPW will start the drawings. About 1-2 days after the drawing takes places, people can use the \'Backdoor\' to see if they were successful. This will tell you before they release the formal results.

More on that process later

I have 100% chance for success for cow elk, and the bear. The muley buck is only 50%, so i\'m worried about that one, and i\'d really like to get it. My unit is a 60% success rate for bucks, and it\'s always been hard to get the tag with no points. I really suck at saving points, because I want to hunt every year.

They do have a new hunt this year for whitetails in my units. They want to get all the whitetails out of here so they won\'t crossbreed with the mule deer. The tag is OTC, is unlimited, and you can buy two tags. The season is middle of Nov to the end of Dec. I know where a whitetail buck hangs out, so I might go for it if I fail at getting the muley tag. Going to be a cold hunt. Brrr

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back