CO Elk Countdown...

\"cohunter14\" said:
26 days archery guys and gals...are you ready???

Im as ready as I ever will be.
Been shooting, going thru gear, blah, blah, blah....
Next is start making meals to freeze

I feel a little better after the scouting trip. I broke another arrow and ripped fletching on another while shooting up at camp. I should stop shooting groups. lol I need to do some re-fletching and buy a half dozen Easton Axis N-Fused 400\'s.

Otherwise, I\'ll pick up our elk tags soon and want to hit up the spot where I\'ll be deer hunting later in September one more time. I can do it in a day trip so I\'m not too concerned.

:upthumb: :think: :upthumb: :crazy:

I cant explain the emotions running through me! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

8 more frozen ziplock bag meals in the freezer, 2 lbs of bacon cooked and frozen, and two lbs of jerky on the dehydrator as we speak. Been a busy morning. :mrgreen:

I can\'t wait!

The closer it gets the more the panic sets in. Have I done everything I can do to be prepared? I think so, but there is doubt. Especially since i\'m picking up new arrow and broadheads tomorrow. Makes me nervous.

Lark, you will be fine. You have learned more on here and other sites in the last year to give you a leg up on guys who have been doing it 5+ years, maybe more. Just keep that in mind! You also have to remember that, no matter what happens, there is always some luck involved. Hopefully that luck is on you and your son\'s side this year!

Lark
I like to hunt for stupid elk.
They are much easier to kill than smart elk.
And remember you only want 1 or maybe 2 stupid ones, and that\'s the easy part ;)

\"cnelk\" said:
Lark
I like to hunt for stupid elk.
They are much easier to kill than smart elk.
And remember you only want 1 or maybe 2 stupid ones, and that\'s the easy part ;)

:haha: great explanation Brad! Now if we could just find a way to get rid of those smart ones, we would all be in good shape, lol.

\"Lark Bunting\" said:
The closer it gets the more the panic sets in. Have I done everything I can do to be prepared? I think so, but there is doubt. Especially since i\'m picking up new arrow and broadheads tomorrow. Makes me nervous.

One thing I always try to remember is (god willing) there is always next year.
I don\'t care who you are new to hunting or a 50 year season vet, you will always be learning.
I watch people have literal meltdowns right before seasons and it makes it not even fun for them.
I don\'t know about you, but my passion is being in the woods. There is no greater feeling than getting away from all the madness.

One thing I dream about daily is the season where I get to wake up at 3am, drink my coffee, watch the sun rise from the stand, and watch the wilderness wake up. Sorry, I am starting to ramble.

Anyways, eustress is good and will drive you into dropping an animal this year. Distress is horrible and can ruin the whole thing.
You will be able to do the best you can this year and that\'s all you can do. I hope you are able to drop a nice cow or bull.
If not, then you will learn a bunch and you have these guys to mentor us even more :D I know I will need it.

Good luck Lark.

I just told my knee it has 46 days to heal, or else i\'m cutting it off, and buying a wooden leg.

\"Still Hunter\" said:
I just told my knee it has 46 days to heal, or else i\'m cutting it off, and buying a wooden leg.

Don\'t do anythin\' that drastic, Pete.. It might cause ya to miss this season... Just wait till after season and do it.. ;) :mrgreen: ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back