CO front door now open

still showing 400 code in front of my sons elk app. so i am assuming he didnt draw any of our second choice stuff. everything i applied for second choice had leftovers last year so not sure whats going on unless we struck out on several second choices that had leftovers. but sons got a pt for elk an moose now.

\"bnsafe\" said:
still showing 400 code in front of my sons elk app. so i am assuming he didnt draw any of our second choice stuff. everything i applied for second choice had leftovers last year so not sure whats going on unless we struck out on several second choices that had leftovers. but sons got a pt for elk an moose now.

Go to the area that shows the points. It has the final 2014 results showing now.

My son didn\'t draw his deer tag either. I think it will work out perfectly though since next year we can focus fully on his first ever deer hunt. From there we\'ll be on an every-other year deer hunt, him, me, etc.

:thewave:

Lark,

now THAT sounds like a great hunt plan.

I cant wait til my youngun is big/strong enough to go elk hunting with me.

he\'s itching to go, but mommas not keen on ditching a week of school...

\"Billy Goat\" said:

He will learn more about life in one week of hunting than he will in a semester...

\"cnelk\" said:
\"Billy Goat\" said:

He will learn more about life in one week of hunting than he will in a semester...

I could not have said it better myself.....
That one week of hunting camp was the only thing I looked forward to every other week of the year. It also helped me focus more on school around the season because I knew my grades had to be in check to go. You could actually use it to your advantage

true dat!

that said, he\'s still pretty young at 10.

I\'m targeting taking him back in 2016. he\'ll be 12 then, and more able to keep up. hell, he may be leading the charge.

it\'ll be nice to get 3 generations into the mountains. (me, my dad, the boy)

I\'ll put him in for a point next year. Promise. :)

Not only can you use grades as bribery next year...they work this year as well. I promised my son I\'d take him out of school for a week if he finished with all A\'s and B\'s. He had a C+ in literature (which I wasn\'t really upset about, but a deal is a deal) and he busted his ass to get it up to a solid B the last three weeks of school. Today is his last day of school and he finished with 6 A\'s and two B\'s. I couldn\'t be more proud!

He turned 12 last week and is psyched to go out for his first big game hunt this fall. Can\'t WAIT!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back