CO GMU 49 vs 66

Baileyjk

Jul 27, 2018
Ive been building points in CO for a while and finally decided to use them. Im somewhat in no mans land for archery elk with 7 non resident points.  Ive narrowed my search down to unit 49 or unit 66.  Any first hand info on whether to or not to hunt these units would be greatly appreciated!

Imo, I think you're past 49.

I've heard 76 is a great unit and I think you may be able to draw it with 7 points. I don't know anything about 66.

I thought 49 only took like 5 points to draw. I was looking at using my points this year as well, but am going to save them a bit longer and keep going OTC.

76 is 13 points now for NR.  There's a big gap between about 3 and 12 where there are not many units.  So my choice is draw now and give up a few points, or wait another 5 years to draw.  Im too impatient to wait and hunt OTC 5 more years.

This is for archery BTW.  ML and Rifle don't quite see the big jump between points

Ah ok, sorry, I missed that at first. I'm a Resident so that's why I'm holding out for 76. Didn't realize it too 12+ for non-res.

Yeah its ridiculous.  Like 66 is only 1 point for residents, and 5 for non.  Which may means if the residents don't value it more, its not that good.

The NonRes cap for 49 is 35%. So it could all depend on how many Res apply for 49.
Same thing applies for 66.

Dont underestimate 66, its just doesnt get the internet fan boys attention like 49 does

10-4.  I have thought that 49 being so much closer to the metro would mean a lot more residents applying

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back