Colorado 4th Season

Rdub

Oct 21, 2017
So here we are, madness in politics, pandemic expanding, and time finally going by. :crazy:
With all of that I am pulling out out my equipment, packing my gear, and loading the truck. Finally truly getting away from all the noise so I can focus on finding wapati and filling the freezer.

Will be going up Tuesday early to set up the wall tent and make camp comfortable. So come Wednesday morning I will be on my favorite point looking over three draws that have always been good to me. With multiple snows already hitting the west Elkheads  it feels right.

This is what brings brings me joy. Good luck to all and shoot straight. :-D

Update, we went four out of six. A 6x4 bull, three cows. Just simply ran out of time. There was no shortage of elk. Mule deer population seems to be booming as well. Forth season GMU 3 is first and foremost a meat hunt. We have reason to be very thankful this year.

On another note there were a lot more fresh wolf tracks this year. We have come across them over the years, just seem to be more.

Hope everyone else were successful as well. Now to settle in for the winter.

Hi Randy,
Congrats on the hunt!  In GMU 3 are you hunting public land?
I live in So of Denver and have been doing some e scouting on this Unit.
Thanks
H

Thanks!

HinCo, Yes we hunt public BLM land. There is private land there as well. No need to worry
About that.

Thank you Randy
I am new to Elk hunting. Have read a ton, but realize I am a hands on learner. I am also an older hunter so things come at their own pace.
Congratulations again and good luck in the future

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back