Colorado anyone in or near Clark unit 14

Unclefish

Sep 24, 2018
I am new here. Read some past post that it has been hot dry in Colorado. Headed out in 3 weeks for second rifle season.. Going to be hunting unit 14 near Clark . Seeing if anyone would  have any info on the area. Thanks

I have heard good reports on hunting that area but have not tried it yet. It is hot and dry but the elk are still there. Find good water and you should find elk. Not far from there is Rabbit Ear Pass and there has been a fire going on since July when it was started by a lightening strike. You may experience some smoke. Good Luck!

Drive right through there and only 40 miles past that to get to camp. Last 7 years I have been fortunate to take an elk. Every year I have seen less less in that area. Also it has been warmer each year I go. Still  cold nights and early mornings but during day I am Walking  around in a tee shirt. Thanks for update, just checked it out on the local news" on line" of that area.

Welcome to the site unclefish! Colorado has definitely been hot and dry, but I was surprised by the abundance of water still around up high during archery season. A lot can change in three weeks too, so keep an eye on the weather between now and then.

Well the time has come. Leaving tonight at midnight. Headed to Clark Colorado I hope u guys left me something to hunt for. Hopefully I will be able to post some type of pic.

Unclefish said:
Well the time has come. Leaving tonight at midnight. Headed to Clark Colorado I hope u guys left me something to hunt for. Hopefully I will be able to post some type of pic.

Safe travels and best of luck!

Bring your long johns! Been pretty cold the past few days. You'll encounter snow as well. I live about 40 miles west of Clark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back