Colorado Boycott

Jimbow65

Dec 28, 2012
There are rumors flying around here in Pennsylvania that there is a move to boycott hunting Colorado if they pass Gun legislation.
I am not sure I could support that boycott if I had a trip planned.
Anyone else hear anything on this?

Hadn't heard of it, but I guess I'm unofficially boycotting CO this year since I changing things up and hunting ID this yr.  ;D

After a little poking around I found the below from the Outdoor Channel.  It sounds like there are concerns about the poor drafting of language in the laws and potential for entrapment of law abiding citizens.....

The Outdoor Channel has notified Colorado Senate officials that if the package of Democrat proposed gun bills passes, the Channel will move production to another state.  Currently, the channel has four shows in production here.
According to an email sent to Republican Senator Steve King from Outdoor Channel host and producer, Michael Bane:
<blockquote> “This morning I met with my three producers, and we made the decision that if these anti-gun bills become law, we will be moving all of our production out of Colorado. We have already cancelled a scheduled filming session for late this month.”</blockquote>

I have heard a lot of talk about a boycott, and as hunters I think we need to stand together. A lot of Colorado's budget comes from non-res hunting fees. a Boycott will definitely let them know how we feel about there gun law. IMHO

Kevin

Have fun with the boycott fellas. Don't get me wrong, the new laws are downright ridiculous. However as a Colorado resident, I don't have the extra funding to hunt elsewhere. In the long run the hunting will be just that much better for myself and others who will hunt Colorado this fall. I understand your positions and don't blame you for for your choices, but I doubt enough will sway to make a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back