Colorado Estimated Harvest Reports Are Up For 2016

Some \'Fake Data\' right here folks...

For instance, last summer the Beaver Creek Fire up in Northern Colorado closed that unit in July all the way thru early October.

Yet, if you look up GMU 161, the estimated harvest for Archery is 24 bulls, 10 cows.
For ML season is shows 12 bulls and 2 cows.

NO EFFIN\' WAY.

That unit was CLOSED IN SEPTEMBER

C\'MON MAN...

Maybe the harvest stats take into account elk killed by fire? :haha:

I always knew the numbers were skewed a bit, but that is pretty funny. The numbers certainly help me...no one will choose to hunt where I\'m at based on these stats!

I believe that there were places on the west side of that unit were open, but not a lot.

Until the CPW goes to mandatory reporting for successful hunters, the stats are nothing more than a SWAG

Scientific Wild Ass Guess

I\'m sure it cost some but Arkansas requires each big game critter to be checked within 24 hours of when you killed it.. They also require the that it be tag be filled out and attached immediately and the tag remain attached to part of the critter until processed...

With all the technology available now you can check you game killed by phone (toll free number), internet and the AGFC app for your smartphone... I normally check mine before I leave the area I hunt and that way I have the tag completely filled out with the 4 digit game check number while transporting it to camp..

It\'s simple as long as you have cellphone service and they keep a half way accurate harvest total...

They also have a way on their website to keep up with a real time total harvest of the different big game or at least they use too...

\"cohunter14\" said:
Maybe the harvest stats take into account elk killed by fire? :haha:

I always knew the numbers were skewed a bit, but that is pretty funny. The numbers certainly help me...no one will choose to hunt where I\'m at based on these stats!

My unit either and I\'m pretty ok with that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back