colorado license, from virginia

K9Kodi

Aug 20, 2015
I spoke with a Colorado parks and wildlife rep the other day and he said in order to purchase a tag on line or in person I will need proof of hunter safety from my state.  he also said I will need the ID number on the hunter safety course.  Well I just found my hunter safety card, being as I took the class at 12 years old in 1992.  My safety card has no ID number.  It just states that I took the class, has an instructors signature and id number, my name, the date I took the course.  What are my other options

I'm from VA and use the instructors id number. I think it was a four digit number. Never had any problem. Just make sure to carry it with your tag on hunt. While your there you can get it verified at a Codow office and you won't have to carry on future hunts.

I've done both but bought mine online this year. Online is the best bet as long as there's plenty of time to get your tag. If you have your card and instructor id number your  good to go. We've been going since 08 and that's what we have always used.

So im under the impression you buy your tag online but have to pick up at a location in Colorado? Im flying in LAAATE on the 29th.

No if you buy online they mail it to you. I would check with them and ask if you buy it now how long does it take to get it. If it is cutting it close than i would wait till i got out there to buy it. I put in for a preference point this year and selected a otc archery tag as my refund so I've had my tag since may. Just call and talk to someone when your ready to buy it. Good luck

You have the choice when buying online of mailed to you or picking up at a license agent

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

This might be late to comment, but I have been able to go to a store that sells licenses (Walmart) and had them reprint the license.  I had my Colorado driver's license with me, but they like to have the CID number to make it easier for them to find in the system. 
I would imagine that if you purchased a license online and didn't get it in time that you could take the appropriate info with you to any license dealer and have them reprint it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back