Colorado Scoutn Report

otcWill

Aug 15, 2017
Got down to scout my \"go to\" unit this past weekend. Saw about 100 elk give or take and 6 bulls that would go 265+ :upthumb: . Usually we don\'t see any good bulls until after Labor Day so this bodes well. Also had them bugling until after 11am. Scouted a new spot to add to the arsenal and it might be the best one I\'ve got. We did a 15 mile trek on Sat. and 6 miles on Sun. to go back in to glass. All bulls except one were still in velvet but saw a couple raking it off, pestering/pawing cows, and pushing eachother around a bit. The biggest bull we saw (a solid foot over the back of a 250\" 5 pt standing next to him) was unfortunately not legal. He had 50\" main on one side with only 3 pts and no brow and was just a spike on the other. Weird. Anyway, it was a great trip and as good as I could ask for. I can\'t wait for Labor Day! Good luck to all this season

Awesome Will, glad to hear it went well! I am already assuming you will be contributing 12 points to team six this year :upthumb:

With 12 points in the bag, do the rest of us even need to hunt??? :haha:

Sounds like you had a very successful scouting trip, Will!
Good luck to you and your buddies this year.

Very encouraging, Will. :upthumb:

Hopefully the inside information will get you into them quickly this Season.

21 miles is some great work - nice! Sounds like things are looking great in your spot, good luck man!

sounds like you are in for a great hunt. and after the spring bear your having a nice year so far.

\"bnsafe\" said:
sounds like you are in for a great hunt. and after the spring bear your having a nice year so far.
how do the big horns sound for a spring bear hunt sound?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back