colorado tags

Double Lung

Jan 11, 2013
Can you tag two elk in Colorado? Archery and rifle or muzzle loader, bull and a cow two bulls or how ever in the same year.

yes you can have two elk tags in colorado the best way to explain it is one must be a draw tag and the other a left over tag. but there are other ways of doing it. if you look in the reg book there is a list. list A list B you can have a list a tag +list b or b+b tag combo it is hard to explain but if you get a reg book they do have a explanation that is easy to read and understand. if you need any more help email me and I will try to help
mccarter72@gmail.com

Double Lung said:
Can you tag two elk in Colorado? Archery and rifle or muzzle loader, bull and a cow two bulls or how ever in the same year.

There is even a list C option which are usually depredation tags. Many ranchers where I live get vouchers from parks and wildlife to help ease the stress on their hay supply. There are two season for unit 682 in the San Luis valley. One season that runs from may to the end of July and another that runs fro August to the end of December. Only thing is its all private land so meeting and knowing land owners is a must.

Yes you can . I'm an archery only guy but, I get 2 elk tags just about every year. You can Draw or Buy an over the counter either sex archery tag. You can also buy an over the counter antlerless tag for certain areas. There are other ways to get multiple elk tags as already stated. We live in a great elk state for elk hunting opportunities.

I have two tags every year.  I found the best strategy is to find a unit that has high success rates and doesn't really have much, if any, cow tags left after the draw.  Make you're first draw choice a preference point (so you can start saving for a trophy unit) and make your second choice a cow tag.  Then buy an OTC either-sex tag for archery.  This gets you two tags and a preference point every year.  I might not be able to seal the deal on a bull during archery season, but I always drop a cow with my rifle and stock the freezer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back