Colorado unit 15 sarvis wilderness area

TheBigShow

Mar 24, 2018
I am currently looking at hunting this area and am wondering if anyone has ever hunted this area and if there was a lot of people traffic on the sarvis trail and silver creek trail early September? Looks phenomenal and quite a hike off any road but is very popular on a google search by hikers.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both trail heads can be very popular as they are both just off the well traveled road.

There is an outfitter who uses llamas and sets up a camp just past 2 miles in on the Sarvis Creek trail.  In the past, he has had hunters in and out throughout the season.  It can be good if you hit it just right.  I have seen some nice bulls taken less then a mile from the main road.  Don't expect a lot of vocalization.

Stoneman said:
Both trail heads can be very popular as they are both just off the well traveled road.

There is an outfitter who uses llamas and sets up a camp just past 2 miles in on the Sarvis Creek trail.  In the past, he has had hunters in and out throughout the season.  It can be good if you hit it just right.  I have seen some nice bulls taken less then a mile from the main road.  Don't expect a lot of vocalization.
I think I have seen the outfitter with the llamas. Or at least I saw a few llamas real close to the road last year when I was there for second rifle. We are hoping to draw muzzleloader tags this year to get away from the rifle crowd. Thank you for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back