Conditioning help

SarcasmPhD

Jun 14, 2015
Hey all. Brand new here. Getting amped up & ready for my first elk hunt in September. My degree is in Exercise Physiology, and I was a certified strength & conditioning coach at the professional and collegiate level. If you have any questions about training, feel free to ask. I will do my best to help you as best I can so you're physically ready for your hunt way up high in the Rockies. And no I'm not going to direct you to any website where I'm selling training dvds, etc.

Hmmmmm...that depends. If you're the DD, drinking H2O only and eating, say, a Chipotle burrito bowl while everyone else crawls from pub to pub, then you're good to go!

SarcasmPhD said:
Hey all. Brand new here. Getting amped up & ready for my first elk hunt in September. My degree is in Exercise Physiology, and I was a certified strength & conditioning coach at the professional and collegiate level. If you have any questions about training, feel free to ask. I will do my best to help you as best I can so you're physically ready for your hunt way up high in the Rockies. And no I'm not going to direct you to any website where I'm selling training dvds, etc.

What is your take on those funny little altitude training masks. I have my own opinion but would like to hear from a pro

What is the best way to get in shape fast? Long distance running? Sprinting short intervals? Biking? Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks.

I have never liked running, I do an interval program on stationary bike, stairstepper, then go out and hike up and down hills with a pack on.  I think I do ok with this program. My hunting partner has run marathons in the past and he is 10 years younger than me and he says that I have no trouble keeping up with him.  I guess I don't see how a lot of running helps, you're not running when you're elk hunting, and if confronted by a bear you don't have to outrun your partner, just trip him first....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back