Congrats on your Bow & Arrow Magazine Article Lou!

huntography

Dec 29, 2012
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->image.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 396
Very cool! Can you buy that magazine in stores anywhere? When I went to the website, they were requiring a yearly subscription.

Way cool Lou!

Yes, the magazine can be purchased at your favorite grocery.
It will probably be right next to the latest Hollywood rumor magazines.... :)

Cool I\'ll see if its in academy pr if I have to china mart, is it an autographed elkmentors collector edition?

What all mags have you been published in, Lou?

(And are they all hunting mags or are there other genres that we maybe don\'t know about? Nothing to be embarrassed about here ... just all friends in a small pond, so you can be honest.)

Thanks - most groceries carry it. King Soopers in CO, right between the Kimye-Britney love child magazines and the tattooed biker chick rags.

I also have a feature in the current Extreme Elk magazine. When I have time, I contribute to Bowhunter, Bugle, and South Pacific Bowhunter, besides these two. I had a feature in last fall\'s Bowhunter Big Game Special, one of the \"Super Hunts\".

Now that I\'m retired from the corporate world, I\'ll write more since my stress level will presumably be lower. Just need to be careful how much I write, because now that I\'m on Obamacare, the president will penalize me for making money, and my health insurance premiums will suffer (really.. how sick is that.) So I might make more money by NOT writing.

BTW, Jeff, I was very happy to see that Joe used the photo of my blind with the Open Country Slip in the story. I\'m not sure if you advertise there, but your Slip system got a couple plugs in the article, which was nice.

I had some free time, and it was either write that story, or another boring \"Persian Pairing\" article for Cat Fancy magazine. That field has already been plowed too many times, so I figured, what the heck, how about a monster elk adventure?

As long as I\'m writing fiction and illustrating the fable with stock photos plucked from the internet, an elk story sounded as good as any. That guy with the elk on page 2 does sort of look like me, though? ;)

\"Jaquomo\" said:
BTW, Jeff, I was very happy to see that Joe used the photo of my blind with the Open Country Slip in the story. I\'m not sure if you advertise there, but your Slip system got a couple plugs in the article, which was nice.

Thanks again Lou for including our Company in the write-up! :upthumb: I\'m very grateful to Bow and Arrow Hunting for leaving it in there...I do not advertise with them currently.

On my shopping list Today to pick up that issue. Really an amazing success story given the conditions.

Just got done reading your story Lou. Great job on the story and putting it all together for a couple of dandy bulls :upthumb:

My turkey hunting buddies brought me out a copy.Great story Lou & congrats again on a couple tremendous bulls to you & Tom. :clap:

Lou, my daughter in Co. sent me a couple of bowhunting mags. today and one of them had your story with pics in them. I had read this thread so I knew about it but didn\'t have the mag. It was very good although I must say I was just slightly disappointed as you were not wearing \"the cap\". Maybe those pics were edited out?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back