Cops at my door last night at midnight.

KHNC

Aug 4, 2017
So I got woke up by 2 cops on my front porch last night at midnight. They were shining flashlights in my window.. I live at the end of a 1/4 mile drive through the woods and no car had pulled in. Not knowing who was at the door, I jerked the door open with gun in one hand and flashlight in the other. Saw it was 2 deputies so I laid down my weapon and asked what\'s up. They said they were checking on a report of screams coming from my back yard. Seems as though an hour earlier, me and my son were practicing my elk bugle in the yard. Neighbor from 200 yds away called it in. Guess they aren\'t hunters. Fk em ,prius drivers, no sense of humor either. Deputies laughed it off and left. Took 2 hours to go back to sleep. Good ol adrenaline rush. lol. I will be practicing a lot more now!

Oooooohhhhhh yeah....
I could have all sorts of fun with neighbors like that.

I would be practicing my timber wolf howl every full moon :)

Funny -- I had two law enforcement officer visit on Saturday.

Seems Tannerite attracts them.

Actually, some neighbors called in \"explosions\" -- probably not unreasonable, given the amount of Tannerite used.

The deputies were hoping we had a little left over -- so they could shoot.

Evidently there is something about this house that attracts liberals and non-hunters (same thing). Previous owner used to complain about me throwing scrap deer skins in the woods near the property line. Said it offended him. Even though he had to walk 100yds thru the woods to get to where he could see them. These are new neighbors. I guess they had to get approval from the DNC to move into it. Probably time to get out some tannerite or at least shoot my pistol dueling tree again with the kids.

sounds like a fun thread..

but are we speculating about the liberal crap? the cops were called because you were too loud with a bugle? or they legitimately thought they were screams? did the cops say?

just so we get this straight.. conservatives = hunters
liberals = tree huggers

??? it\'s universal?

i\'m having one of those days.

so i\'m gonna break a rule.

i\'m considered \"liberal\" i hunt, kill stuff..own guns, and generally think religion..(well, i wont break TWO rules)

i\'m tired of the liberal vs conservative BS.. i\'m smart enough to not paint with broad strokes.

Seems like a pretty lengthy response time for someone screaming at your house.... :oops: :oops:

I\'ve found out over the years that I\'m neither liberal nor conservative... I\'m an American... And all folks should fit into that category and decide what\'s best for America than what\'s best for themselves... The majority of the time what\'s best for America is what\'s is what best for American\'s...

Sept 11th 2001 America came together and wasn\'t divided.... Sept 11th 2012 America was divided.... Sept 11th 2016 Looks to be more of the same...

The U in USA is spelled UNITED... The S in USA is spelled STATES And the A in USA is spelled AMERICA....

I hope that the U happens again in my lifetime but not for the same reason we were united on Sept 11th 2001...

I\'m also a PATRIOT but that\'s for another time... :D :D

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
sounds like a fun thread..

but are we speculating about the liberal crap? the cops were called because you were too loud with a bugle? or they legitimately thought they were screams? did the cops say?

just so we get this straight.. conservatives = hunters
liberals = tree huggers

??? it\'s universal?

They legit thought someone was screaming at my house. I said they must not be a hunter as they did not recognize an elk bugle sound. Anyone that mistook a call for a woman screaming does not hunt in my opinion. But, it could be that I just suck that bad with my bugle. I agree on your assessment on the lib/conservative opinion. Although I was not trying to start a political debate. But, I agree, it was me that brought it up first. I see it all the time, now that people from \"up north\" end up in NC. Lots of different ways of thinking in my small area of the world now.

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
Seems like a pretty lengthy response time for someone screaming at your house.... :oops: :oops:

I\'ve found out over the years that I\'m neither liberal nor conservative... I\'m an American... And all folks should fit into that category and decide what\'s best for America than what\'s best for themselves... The majority of the time what\'s best for America is what\'s is what best for American\'s...

Sept 11th 2001 America came together and wasn\'t divided.... Sept 11th 2012 America was divided.... Sept 11th 2016 Looks to be more of the same...

The U in USA is spelled UNITED... The S in USA is spelled STATES And the A in USA is spelled AMERICA....

I hope that the U happens again in my lifetime but not for the same reason we were united on Sept 11th 2001...

I\'m also a PATRIOT but that\'s for another time... :D :D

I agree on the response time. Had there really been an issue the police would not have arrived in enough time to help. I can only assume they did not think it was that serious either. Especially if they ran my address and saw my name. I have lived in my house for 20 years and grew up on the same road. Lots of the officers know me personally, although I did not know these two. They didn\'t seem the least bit alarmed that I answered the door with a gun in my hand at midnight. I had good muzzle control and immediately set it on the table when I saw who it was.

\"Conservative\" and \"Liberal\" are simply terms used to categorize individuals and their ways of thinking. While some may say we need to set these terms aside and just be \"Americans\" as Ol\' Arky stated, this is completely impossible as these 2 different groups have completely different thoughts as to what America or an \"American\" should be.

1. Do you want the America that was formed and founded by guiding principles - Constitution, Bill of Rights, Rule of Law, etc...
2. Do you want an America where the government decides what is best for you (ruling class) and they don\'t have to live by the laws that they pass?
3. Or do you want a \"new America\" as our current president promised to radically transform us (and he has). - An America that believes the Constitution is outdated and a \"living document\" and can be circumvented whenever it is expedient for whomever is currently in charge.

There has to be some fundamental agreement on the above 3 viewpoints before we will ever just \"be Americans\" and I\'m not too hopeful that our great country can come to the right conclusion.

Just my simple thoughts -

--Mitch

Reminder:
Just because a conservative or liberal is offended - doesnt make them right

I\'m sorry you had to deal with the police in the middle of the night, KHNC. But wouldn\'t you hope that someone calls the police if they hear something unusual or alarming, which an elk call genuinely might be to someone unfamiliar with it?

Having been assaulted (twice) at night, I desperately *prayed* someone would hear me. These happened before cell phones were common, and I will always wonder why no one in those neighborhoods called the police, or at least tried to help in some way.

Don\'t get me wrong, I love elk calls and practice mine at home, too. Just another perspective. Some food for thought...

\"ABQ_Chica\" said:
I\'m sorry you had to deal with the police in the middle of the night, KHNC. But wouldn\'t you hope that someone calls the police if they hear something unusual or alarming, which an elk call genuinely might be to someone unfamiliar with it?

Having been assaulted (twice) at night, I desperately *prayed* someone would hear me. These happened before cell phones were common, and I will always wonder why no one in those neighborhoods called the police, or at least tried to help in some way.

Don\'t get me wrong, I love elk calls and practice mine at home, too. Just another perspective. Some food for thought...

I assume you live in ABQ, with the user name. I can see where it would be much more likely for that to happen. I live in rural NC at the end of a pretty long driveway in the woods. I guess I don\'t think about that much where I live. Not much happens crime wise, especially at my house. Most of my neighbors I have known for years. They also know I have guns and shoot quite a bit in my yard. Since the neighbors that called just moved into the area, I guess it was quite a shock to them to hear a strange sound at 1030 at night. My assumption is they must be from some city as well and are not used to sounds in the night. It is always good for people to look out for each other though.

\"AndyJ\" said:
Rural NC-Is that where pigs squeal and banjos play down by the river?

Nope, that\'s North Georgia actually. I have killed all the pigs around my house and the banjo players are scared of me! :lol:

\"KHNC\" said:
\"AndyJ\" said:
Rural NC-Is that where pigs squeal and banjos play down by the river?

Nope, that\'s North Georgia actually. I have killed all the pigs around my house and the banjo players are scared of me! :lol:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back