Core 4 Element question

Rich Z

Dec 29, 2012
I’m in need of a new coat and I really like the reviews on the C4 Element Jacket. My questions are – How warm is it? Will it be suitable for sitting in a treestand for long hours back in the Midwest in late November?

Rich

Rich Z,

No, the Element Jacket is a soft shell outer layer designed for active hunting. It is breathable to allow for cooling when hiking hard. For sitting in a stand, you'll want something insulative to retain your body's heat and keep you warm.

I agree with Corey. I had the jacket and sold it shortly after I got it. I had a base layer and a sweatshirt on underneath it and froze on a early September morning. It sheds light rain well, but soaks through immediately in a heavy rain.

I love my core 4 element gear! I've had my element pants and jacket combo for 3yrs now and I cant wear it out! It sheds the wind and water great and is pretty light weight and breathable. I wear mine from early September into Jan. calling coyotes. Its designed for a active hunter, so it might not keep you the warmest in the stand. But when it comes to versatility and price you cant beat it.

Prairiestalker is right. The Element jacket is performance clothing for hunters on the move. But C4E does have a down jacket coming down the pipe in July called the Elevation. It uses a dry down technology called Downtek to repel water. They also have a vest version in the works. The Elevation jacket will be suited to stand hunting.

https://core4element.com/tag/elevation-jacket/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back