Cresting arrows

Chad44

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone do this? I have always just wrapped mine but I'm thinking about starting to do more. Also not sure if you can paint carbon shafts???

I like my arrows as plain a possible. I get nervous about elk seeing my fletching so I don't think my nerves could handle wondering if they were to bright :)

I think elk key more in on movement then color. I have had cows almost walk over me during rifle season while I was in hunter orange.  I hardly ever even wear my face mask anymore.

You are probably right, I have had nothing on my face the last to elk I have shot. It's just a thing I can't seem to get over with bright colors in the woods. I just want my vain and knock to stand out. But it's a cool way to express yourself :)

My first arrows were blue and black fletch with no crest and a black nock. Made them crazy hard to find in the woods and impossible to see in flight. Good for practice, bad for woods. Then the next set I had blue and white with a pink and white crest (pro shop did the cresting) on carbon express arrows. Crests stayed on great, but once you had to replace a fletch they were a bit of a pain to deal with. Now I am back to minimal color, but have decided next set I am at least going to use wraps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back