Crispy Thor gtx

TheBigShow

Mar 24, 2018
Looking at getting some new boots and wondering if anyone here has the Crispi Thor Gtx boots. Do you Like them, hate them. Do the run true to size? Was going to go with the kenetrek mountain extremes but they just don?t fit in the budget. Any other recommendations are welcome

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my first pair, that exact model about a month ago.  I probably won?t buy another boot.  No break in time. First trek was roughly 8 miles if I remember correctly on an all day shed hunt and my feet felt amazing. Zero discomfort zero hot spots zero new boo break in soreness.

I had surgery in my foot December 2016, a rod, three bolts and two cables, repaired ligament.  These boots didn?t both my foot and haven?t bothered them one bit.  I do put my own custom insoles in and it makes these boots that much better.

Previous boots I?ve warn that I thought were the best ever until I put my foot into a Crispi are- Danner Pronghorn, Dannet Vital, Danner Ell Hunter 8in, Keen Pittsburgh?s, Keen Targhee, Zamberlan Viox GTX, Schnee hikers to name the top brands. Yes I had to go through that many boots due to foot issues and I haven?t found one single issue with my Thors.  Keep in mind as well I was literally waiting for something to come up to start bothering my left foot and every time I wear them I tell myself ?this was a good purchase?.

If you have a local retailer put them on and checkm out. I think they are the best boot I?ve owned through my hunting ?career?.

Kdkehoe said:
I bought my first pair, that exact model about a month ago.  I probably won?t buy another boot.  No break in time. First trek was roughly 8 miles if I remember correctly on an all day shed hunt and my feet felt amazing. Zero discomfort zero hot spots zero new boo break in soreness.

I had surgery in my foot December 2016, a rod, three bolts and two cables, repaired ligament.  These boots didn?t both my foot and haven?t bothered them one bit.  I do put my own custom insoles in and it makes these boots that much better.

Previous boots I?ve warn that I thought were the best ever until I put my foot into a Crispi are- Danner Pronghorn, Dannet Vital, Danner Ell Hunter 8in, Keen Pittsburgh?s, Keen Targhee, Zamberlan Viox GTX, Schnee hikers to name the top brands. Yes I had to go through that many boots due to foot issues and I haven?t found one single issue with my Thors.  Keep in mind as well I was literally waiting for something to come up to start bothering my left foot and every time I wear them I tell myself ?this was a good purchase?.

If you have a local retailer put them on and checkm out. I think they are the best boot I?ve owned through my hunting ?career?.
This is the kind of report I was looking for. I don?t have a dealer near me so I will most likely be getting them online. I have contemplated some that you have mentioned and sounds like the thors are a good investment. Thank you

I know a lot of people rave about the Idaho?s as well, going to be picking up a pair here in the next month or so,

Bigshow-  man I?m telling ya. I only put one boot on not even laced up and I just knew they were the boot.  In fact o don?t know anyone, on a personal level, who has ever had a complaint about the Thor?s.  The only complaint I ever heard about was the color options.

Oh and I have a wide foot in every boot or shoe generally. It?s euro sizing which is weird so I upped the size a half to 10.5 US and they fit like a glove no slop or over tightness

I found a dealer today while I was trekking around MN. I tried on both the Thor and the Idaho. Both were phenomenal boots. I liked the Thor for the weight and the stiffness of the footbed and I liked the Idaho for the weight, height of the boot and extra ankle support which made up for the little bit more flex in the footbed. I had never tried on a pair of high end boots before today and man what I have been missing! Now I know what size I need but have to make the decision on which model! I?ve heard good about both and only complaints I?ve heard about the Thor was the lacing (which I can understand why now after trying). Decisions decisions!

Thanks for the input

You got it.  :upthumb:  Glad you found something that will work for you.  It took me about 3 times before I got the cadence down for the lacing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back