CrossFit for Offseason Prep

stablebuck

Dec 28, 2012
who does crossfit for offseason prep?  I played college football so I have always been a fan of continuing that sort of training but with added cardio for increased endurance in the mountains.  However, I've been contemplating throwing in CrossFit...thoughts?

Crossfit or any form of exercise that's similar I'd great for offseason conditioning. In past years I have planned to hike all year with a heavy pack but I always find excuses not to. Not this year I'm doing it and my wide and kids are joining me.

Only way to train anymore.....Look at all the hardcore athletes they all do it and they all crush the old results of lifting and running.....If you think your not an athlete and you hunt Elk Deep in the mountains Think Again.......You are an athlete like it or not.....So start training like one....Functional Strength and endurance is what it is all about....I am more than willing to help Anyone with their workouts....Drop me a Line......Eat, Train, Shoot.....

I crossfit year round, slowing down some during the season but going full bore in the off season. 

thanks for the replies gentlemen...I think I just need to join a crossfit gym...I mix it up pretty good, but the fast tempo of crossfit appeals to me to achieve a kick-butt workout in a smaller window of time...

john503 said:
Only way to train anymore.....Look at all the hardcore athletes they all do it and they all crush the old results of lifting and running.....If you think your not an athlete and you hunt Elk Deep in the mountains Think Again.......You are an athlete like it or not.....So start training like one....Functional Strength and endurance is what it is all about....I am more than willing to help Anyone with their workouts....Drop me a Line......Eat, Train, Shoot.....

Well put!!!!!

I've been doing CrossFit for 3 years now and still love it as much as the first day I stepped in the gym.  If you work out at your CF gym consistently, you won't have that looming feeling that you "have to get in shape for hunting season"- you'll be in shape for it year-round. 

A couple words of caution with CF:  take it easy at first, and focus on your lifting form before you try to heave around those heavy weights.

n_idaho said:
I've been doing CrossFit for 3 years now and still love it as much as the first day I stepped in the gym.  If you work out at your CF gym consistently, you won't have that looming feeling that you "have to get in shape for hunting season"- you'll be in shape for it year-round. 

A couple words of caution with CF:  take it easy at first, and focus on your lifting form before you try to heave around those heavy weights.

Highly recommend taking the entry to CF class. It cost around $200 bones down here. Cheap insurance to nail form and prevent injuries.

We have been doing crossfit for the past 3 weeks. A couple of days this week we did tabata work outs and we seem add to the intensity

Been hitting the CF gym since last May.  Felt better & more prepared for the 2012 elk season than ever before.  It really came in handy on the 10 day bivy hunt deep in the backcountry. 

I would recommend CF to anyone looking to get into good mountain shape.  I agree that you should ease into it, and focus on proper form. 

P.S.  No matter what workout you choose, if you eat like crap you're never going to become the predator you could become each September. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back