danner jackal vs UA speed freak

birddog

Jan 20, 2013
Does anybody have these boots and what are your likes or dislikes about them. I'm torn on between what ones to get.

I have the Jackals and love them. Have used them for the last 5 years on deer and elk in Idaho, Utah, Colorado and just this month in Arizona for Havelina. The only thing I wish they had was a little more aggressive tread. But as they are, they work 99% of the time for me.

I am curious as to the UA Speed Freak as well though.

birddog said:
Does anybody have these boots and what are your likes or dislikes about them. I'm torn on between what ones to get.

I used my Danner Jackals 4 times and loved them. Just too many snakes out here to wear them (switched to my snake boots). I have a pair of size 11 Jackals in the classifieds if you can use them. Just sitting on the shelf and in great condition.

I have been waiting for someone to talk about the UA boots. I love all their stuff and have wanted to try them but my other boots are still to new to justify buying the UA boots. I hope someone here can give some info on them.

I bought the UA Speed Freak last summer and abused them for the whole season (Sept-Dec) on different critters in different conditions.  They fit like a trail running shoe, i.e. light and tight.  My decision was based on the tread pattern between the Jackal and the Speed Freak.  They still fit and feel great as I have been shed hunting a few times this spring and will definitely use them this coming season full on. 

I picked up a pair of the UA Speed Freek boots about 2 months ago and I have to say so far so good.  I haven't been able to take them out and abuse them yet, but pounding the pavement with them is great, they fit like a glove (great ankle support and padding), they are light, and they most defiantly fit like a running shoe.  I used a pair of Danner's for the last 5 seasons and really liked them, but I have no regret buying the UA's.

I have the jackals, they were pretty roughto break in but worth it. Been using them for 2 years now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back