Daughters and my MN Tom.

F M

Aug 3, 2017
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->20160521_081006.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
Was able to head down for a quick hunt with my daughter this weekend. Only saw on Tom and he had a girlfriend again. Been the story of my spring hunts so far. But I was able to call her into my hen decoys again and she was not happy with those loud mouth decoys. She was beating them up pretty good. :lol: Her boyfriend could not stand all the girls having fun without him and he made it to 40 yards and stuck his head up to see the action and Sara dropped him in his tracks.

Sorry about the sideways pic but it was the best one.

Attachments

• 20160521_081006.jpg
    20160521_081006.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 304
Really nice Francis! Tell her congratulations.

clicking on the picture brings it up and puts it upright. Looks good!

congrats francis and daughter. best memories ever. my daughters first turkey pic was in her slide show at her wedding last weekend, wait til that happens for ya, lol

Thanks guys. She was pretty excited to get him after watching him for a hour.

\"bnsafe\" said:
congrats francis and daughter. best memories ever. my daughters first turkey pic was in her slide show at her wedding last weekend, wait til that happens for ya, lol

It better be a while before that happens. :lol: :mg:

Thanks for the edit job Derek. :upthumb:

It was down to the wire on this Tom . Tomorrow is the last day of MN turkey season. This morning I almost didn\'t go. I kept hitting the snooze and really thought about sleeping in. I got up a half hour late and headed down to where there had been a couple of Toms on public land. It was already daylight when I got there. Parked on the side of the road and walked a little ways and called once with the box call and one sounded off a couple hundred yards back in the woods. Sweet.

I got back in the truck and drove down to a approach and grabbed my gear. I normally like to use my blind for bow hunting but it was all ready late so I just grabbed my half blind and hustled down to a swampy old logging road and went back in about a hundred yards and set up on the only dry ground I could find. Dang the mosquitos where terrible and I forgot the bug spray.

Got my slate out and called a few times and he sounded off again. He was still quite a long ways off and on the other side of a swamp so I didn\'t know if he would come or not. I kept calling once in awhile and he would answer me but he hung up. I grabbed my glass call and called on that to make him think there were two hens. That was more than he could take. Gobbles getting closer. Yes I think this might just happen.

I range a few tree\'s because I really want to use my Bullheads on a turkey this year. The farthest I could shoot was around twenty two yards so it was the bulls or nothing. I call softly and he sounds off about 60 yards away. I\'m waiting and waiting and nothing. I don\'t want to move but I hold my bow with my knees and call softly with my slate. He answered closer. I\'m waiting and don\'t see him. It is really thick brush everywhere. I\'m starting to think he saw me when I see a dark spot slowly moving. I mean slowly. He was strutting for the decoys.

I have one tree between me and him that I can draw back. He gets behind the tree but he is moving so slow I have to wait to draw. He finally gets to were I draw and he gets nervous and steps back the way he came from. Perfect 12 yards. Pin on his neck touch the release trigger. Down instantly. Yes. No tracking needed with this one.

This is the only pic that is not bloody. The Bullheads really do make a bloody mess. Had to cover his neck.
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->20160530_064925.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• 20160530_064925.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 277
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->20160530_065233.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
You can see my half blind in the background and the tree behind him is the one I used to cover me drawing my bow back.

Attachments

• 20160530_065233.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 272
Thanks Terry.

It\'s been been one heck of a great year for me turkey hunting. Three Tom\'s all in different states.

Now I will start really thinking about elk hunting. :D

Francis, if the other two were bigger than your Kansas bird post them up on the Turkey contest thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back