Day 1 brother called in a...

Kdkehoe

Aug 9, 2017
Day 1- brother hiked in to a nice big bowl area with images of a good bull on camera hangin in a wallow.  Hiked in 2-3 hours before daylight as the bowl doesn't lend well if you're not in place by any ounce of daylight. Let's out a series of lost calf/cow calls a few times at shooting time, real soft like.  Does this 1-2 more times over the next hour.  At just 8am on the nose 15yds in front of him was a big ol wolf checkin to see the haps.  He drew on it (has a valid tag) and he decided to let him go.  I guess there were a few more up above at further distances and this was the "scout" so to speak.  What a way to start the season. Needless to say, he's probably relocating due to predation!!!  Yikes!

....myself I go out Monday and leave at 3am can't wait

Wow, sounds incredible.  Surprised he passed on that with a valid tag. Taking a wolf with a bow is a huge accomplishment!

I know!!!!  I would've given him a nice 10mm pop, maybe even a couple.  I've been walking ridged and benched in snow and walked back to find tracks in my tracks. Very spooky!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back