Decided on a new bow

razorback

Mar 11, 2014
I have kicked around the idea of shooting a smaller lighter bow next season. I am currently shooting a Bowtech Insanity CPXL. It\'s long and heavy but it tunes and shoots very well. After looking at PSE very closely and traveling to a few shops in Arkansas to shoot some, I have decided on a PSE Inertia. I was very impressed with how hard that bow shot for 60 pounds and still had a very smooth draw. It had no vibration that I could detect and was very quiet especially for being shot indoors. I had to shoot it in a right handed model as that\'s all the shop had in stock but it still felt very shootable shooting it left handed. Looking forward to getting my own and getting one dialed in for the mountains!

Good deal Steven!
You gonna love it.

As you know, I shoot PSEs and they are DEATH on elk!!! :)

Just kidding, Im glad you like it, it will do you well

congrats on the new bow!!!

it is an exciting time for sure. i have a love-hate relationship with new bow. love the new bows, hate the growing pains. i hate setting up the bow for broadhead tune. it is voodoo and nerve racking for me and my skill level with bow tools. and my area has the WORST bow shops.

New bow is ordered. It is a Christmas present from my wife so I can\'t have it until Christmas. Of course I\'ll have it tuned and set up prior to her wrapping it up and putting it under the tree. Now I\'m hoping this is a mild winter so I can start shooting and getting familiar with a new bow so I\'m ready for the elk come September :upthumb:

Believe it or not I may not have a spot Hogg sight on it. I may put a black gold sight on it. I have a one pin ascent that is lighter and bought a 3 pin head off archery talk cheap. Gonna play around with it and see what I think.

Spot Hogg.

i just gave my Hunter Hogg-it to my friend. he quit his job to go back to college and is broke again. i got so tired of him fussing with his janky no-name sight..it had three dim pins and he ran out of adjustment.

i was kinda sad handing that sight over. i set it up and man..what a pleasure. the smooth spin allens to gang adjust elevation and windage..pleasure!! 2nd and 3rd axis..simple!! moving the pins..pfft! easy. it is a great great sight. i\'ll miss it.

i\'m shooting a Montana Ascent..3-pin with slider. less fancy..no correction..way less fancy in the adjustments, but i havent had to fuss with them ever once i got it dialed. i love the mechanical clamps as far as security goes. at least it\'s lighter. hehe.

spot hoggs are cool. no doubt.

Those are the same 2 sights I own. I love my Spot Hogg. I can\'t say I\'ll be as thrilled with the MGB. I\'m just looking to trim a little weight so I\'m going to experiment. I picked up a 3 pin head off of archery talk that was customized exactly as if I would have ordered it myself for $40. If I can\'t break a Spot Hogg sight, I doubt it can be broke. I fall a lot in the mountains and usually land on my bow.

\"razorback\" said:
Those are the same 2 sights I own. I love my Spot Hogg. I can\'t say I\'ll be as thrilled with the MGB. I\'m just looking to trim a little weight so I\'m going to experiment. I picked up a 3 pin head off of archery talk that was customized exactly as if I would have ordered it myself for $40. If I can\'t break a Spot Hogg sight, I doubt it can be broke. I fall a lot in the mountains and usually land on my bow.

Mbg is very robust. As tough as SH just not as fancy. I fell last weekend.

Once I fell sight down. My mbg pushed into the soil like cookie cutter and come out plug with grass and soil. I had to flush it in a stream. Perfect zero. Nothing broke or moved.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Good to know about the MGB. I have only used mine locally hunting whitetails and not a lot. I do believe their pins are brighter than SH.

i have the spot hogg real deal on mine. once i got it set i was happy with it. but the micro adjust where you loosen one screw and tighten another was, well, i dont have anything nice to say about it. great site once its set though.

Congrats on the new bow Razorback. You have plenty bow to kill deer and elk, and about anything else around that I would want to hunt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back