Deer of a Lifetime

AaronJohnson

Mar 4, 2014
My hunting partner and good friend from back in Oklahoma, Cody Blundell got a crack at a buck he had over two years of trail camera pictures of. He was not the only person who had access to hunt the property so he kept this buck very low on the radar only telling a few close to him. Before Thanksgiving Cody called me and sent a pic of the buck as he had disappeared most all of archery season. All of the sudden his hope was renewed and I told him just to stay after it though he and I both knew that that hunts were going to get tougher coming off of the rut and given he has never had a daylight picture of this deer.

Sunday night as I was gettting ready to watch football with the family, I got the call.

214 gross 190 net. He\'s on cloud 9 and I couldn\'t imagine a better guy for it to happen to.

That\'s a great deer! Do you by chance know which county in Oklahoma? You don\'t have to post and don\'t have to say but curious since I\'ll be moving that way next year.

That\'s a dandy! I have had pics of bucks and only seen them twice on the hoof in a season. One huge non typical I had 2 years of pics and never seen him or heard of him getting killed. Where do they hide???????????

awesome deer, most people wont even see a deer like that, let alone kill one. by any chance is there mule deer in the area, his horns dont look whitetail only even though he is non typical

Brad, not that I know of on the naming.

He does like like he has mule deer charcteristics but there are no mule deer even close to that area (NE Ok).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back