Did you see a wolf hunting in 2012?

WardDawg7

Jan 27, 2013
Just received an Idaho Fish & Game survey in the mail.  Reason being is,  I had answered that I had seen a wolf in my post 2012 mandatory survey.  Idaho Fish & game is compiling data on exact sightings,  unit number's, dates and numbers of wolves Etc.  Just wondering if any fellow hunters reported seeing wolves and are getting the same surveys.  Sounds like they are interested in the information and hopefully they will do something about the numbers we have. 

Got mine today and completed on line........ saw 1 wolf.....yes lets get a year long season with no limits to get these buggers under control!

I got a few on my cameras this year in Michigan and my buddy caught this one in a coyote set by my land.

Attachments

• Resampled952012-12-239507-58-4795812.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 89
NEVER SAW A WOLF THIS YEAR, SAW A LOT LESS SIGN THEN years past. Don't know if they moved to a different area or what. Most people I talked to were seeing less sign of wolves. :|

Not sure what to think, want to shoot one, but am happy that I am not seeing the sign. Í

seen quite a few last season even had a pack ruin a two day hunt while i was trying to kill the biggest bull ive ever seen in the wild. love hunting idaho now. havent recieved any thing from fish and game though.

Saw one large pack of 6 on a bit of private that I was guiding late. Saw a good amount of sign in the wilderness, but have yet to get a visual on one back there. Followed this guy for a while during the last week of November though, the snow was less than a couple hours old.

Attachments

• wolf track.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
We didn't see it, but we had Wolf tracks in the snow 20' from our tent one morning when we went out.

Kevin

I hunted the north end of the wyoming range for the last 20 years. Last year I had two juvenile gray wolves come out of the trees within 10 yards of where I had been standing when I bugled and got responses to 3 seperate sets of wolves. They followed the path that I had walked out into the open park and came within 20 yards of me before seeing my movement as I spun around and veered away at a liesurely but deliberate pace.
This year I had a grayish brown wolf walk by me at 10 yards on its way towards a buddy of mine who was bugling and cow calling. It did not even give me a second thought. They are as ellusive as elk in the trees and disappear before you have a chance to think about raising your bow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back