DIY Elk hunting partner needed for SW MT. in 2015

buckykm1

Dec 28, 2012
DIY Elk hunting partner needed for SW Montana 2015.

My Regular Hunting partner informed me that He is taking his Wife to Hawaii for their 40th anniversary in 2015. And he won’t be able to hunt in 2015 and he is retiring in 2016, so it doesn’t sound like he will be going then either.
I am 62 years old, married, I don’t drink or smoke. And my Wife prefers that I don’t hunt alone 1700 miles from home, and the hunt is more fun when you have a partner to share it with anyway.  I made my first Elk hunting trip in 1986, and have gone almost every year sense. With the last 6 years to SW Montana, and have been lucky enough to get 3 elk in the 6 years.
So I am looking for one person interested in going with me on a DIY Elk hunt to Montana in 2015, and maybe beyond.  It will be a Rifle hunt.
I live in SW Michigan, so it will need to be someone in MI. or a neighboring State, so we can meet several times to make sure that we can get along. And have similar hunting styles and ethics.
I will be leaving on Sunday October 18th at 3am and be back on Saturday, Oct. 31st.
I have all the camping gear, and it is all first class.
I have a 14’ x 16’ Wall tent with a 10’ awning out the front. porta potty, Shower, propane heat, wall to wall carpet. And a Honda Generator for power.
The 2 week trip will cost about $2000.00 each. That includes pretty much everything. the License, food at Camp, gas, Motel each way on the trip and the propane for heat.

I do have 2 Rules in my Hunting Camp that are ZERO TOLERANCE.
1 - No Drugs period.
2 – No Alcoholic Beverages during hunting hours.

If, you’re interested, send me a PM and let’s talk.

Kevin

I forgot 1 thing.
The dead line to apply for a Elk tag in MT. is March 15th.
The last few years they have had some left over tags, but there is no guaranteed that they will have any in 2015.

Kevin

Jeremiah Johnson said:
Kevin, I have to say you get a thumbs up for your camp! Good luck in finding a partner for next year

Thank You.
My camp is very comfortable.

Here is a picture of my Montana 2014 DIY Bull

Kevin

I would love to take you up on this offer, but I'm afraid that my location it a bit far. ( S E Missouri )  Best of luck finding someone, you've got an awesome setup

skeller257 said:
I would love to take you up on this offer, but I'm afraid that my location it a bit far. ( S E Missouri )  Best of luck finding someone, you've got an awesome setup

Thank you.
and yes you are a little far away, my Sister lives in Branson, Missouri, and that is about a 11 hour drive for me.

Kevin

There are NO MREs or Mountain House meals served at my camp either.

This was the 2014 Menu.

Dinner

1M                Chili
1T                  Hamburgers & Fries
1W                Roast Beef with mashed potatoes gravy and corn                                   
1TH              Tacos
1F                  BQ Ribs with baked potatoes and corn
1S                  Ham with potatoes and green beans
1Sun              Hot Beef Sandwiches & Mashed potatoes, corn
2M                Spaghetti and garlic bread
2T                  Rib eye Steaks with Fries or baked potato?
2W                Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes
2TH                Slum Guey & Rolls
2F                  Hamburgers & Fries

Breakfast

French toast and sausage
                          Pancakes and Sausage                                                                               
                          Biscuits and gravy and Hash Browns
                          Scrambled eggs with ham and potatoes
                          Eggs, Bacon and hash browns

The BBQ Ribs, Steaks and Burgers are all cooked on a Charcoal Grill too.

Kevin

I started meeting a couple of the people that are interested in this hunt this week, to see how we get along and get to know them some.
I plan on meeting with everyone that is interested in person, and then trying to pick the best hunting partner I can.
If, you are interested in this hunt let me know. Soon.

I really want to have this all figured out around the 1st of the year. so serious plans can be made.
plus the dead line to apply for the license is March 15th.

Kevin

I would like to thank everyone for their response.
I have decided to close this, between here and several other sources, I have 8 to 10 people to call and then meet over the next few weeks. This is twice as many as I thought I would have.
I don’t want to drag this out, or keep people wondering if they are going or not.

I hope to talk to everyone on the phone first, and then meet them in person, shortly after that.
My decision will be based totally on how we get along and hunting Ethics, weather you have ever Elk hunted or not, will have nothing to do with my decision.

This is a DIY Elk hunt, but it is also a 2 week vacation in God’s Country, so I want to make sure I pick a partner that I know I will get along with and have a greattime whether we get an Elk or not.

PS; if you sent me a PM, and didn’t include your phone# please do so, if you’re serious about going.

If for some reason; I don’t find the person I am looking for from this group, I may reopen this.

Thank You
Kevin

Good luck Kevin I'm sure you find a great person to hunt with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back