Does anyone else leave the broaheads alone?

Well, here I go again. Have a set of Iron Will heads coming on Saturday. Looks like I?ll be shooting broadheads Sunday.

jstephens61 said:
Well, here I go again. Have a set of Iron Will heads coming on Saturday. Looks like I?ll be shooting broadheads Sunday.

Very interested to hear what you think of them!

I am as well interested in how they work out for you. I?ve looked at a few upper level broadheads. That price tag though!  Let us know!

I couldn?t stand it any more. Two shots at 30 yards, first was Iron Will,second fp. About 1 1/4? to the left. More than likely me.
I didn?t notice any whistle from the head and it flew awesome. I?ll play with it a little more today, but I think I?ve found my new, last broadhead.

jstephens61 said:
I couldn?t stand it any more. Two shots at 30 yards, first was Iron Will,second fp. About 1 1/4? to the left. More than likely me.
I didn?t notice any whistle from the head and it flew awesome. I?ll play with it a little more today, but I think I?ve found my new, last broadhead.

Good deal! Can?t wait to see what they do to an animal this year [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought my Kudupoints were pricey. $39.95 for three. On a side note, I hadn't shot them yet so I took one out and tried it just now. At 30 yds. it hit just about an inch higher than the field point and dead center at 50. As usual, My hits started spreading a little as I started to get a little tired after a couple of dozen shots but feel real good about them. :clap:

$650 for a elk tag, $600 for fuel and a couple hundred more for miscellaneous. Spending $35 dollars for the thing that gets the job done doesn?t quite seem so bad and has a no BS lifetime guarantee. MHO.

HaHa. In the grand scheme of things cost really doesn't matter if it works. I'm just a cheap old guy. Imagine how excited I am now that I turned 65. Combo fish/hunting license is $11.75 and elk tag is $16.50. I live in and near some decent units so I feel you on the travel costs. If I had those Iron Wills, I probably wouldn't shoot at a grouse. Good Luck out there!

Awesome news!  They sure are shiny!! Sweet case too! My local shop has them $95/3.  I?m trying out the shuttle t locks this year.  They look like they?ll do the trick just fine.

Does anyone else leave the broadheads alone? I'm sure you meant broadheads not brodheads... ;-) ;-)

But my answer to the question would be  :-D :-D NOPE I would never separate them so they don't get lonely, so I always keep them together... :haha: :haha:

I AM FEELING BETTER!!!!!! :upthumb: :upthumb:

By the way my older sister turned 92 today and I'm doing my very best to follow in her footsteps... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have recently gotten very bad at wanting to test fixed blades so I have purchased a lot of heads this year. Ill have to make a decision at some point but for now I cant quit testing them.

I learned through past heartache that I need to focus on my form and a perfectly tuned bow first.  When I do that...I can just thread on some broadheads and I'm dead on with my field points anywhere out to 100 yards.  So I usually don't shoot any broadheads until a week or two before the season opens.

I shoot field points until about a month out from season and rotate in broadheads from there. I can?t afford to tear up that many targets! Also, good point on not tuning to chase rusty form habits. Never thought about it that way but makes sense.

I have been messing around with new broadheads for the past month.  Basically about 2 months prior to the season starts.  The problem i have, is that i cannot make a decision on the broadhead I want and I keep changing! During the of season, i never shoot BH but I probably should.

Targets are expensive and broadheads are expensive as well so I won?t shoot broadheads until a month before.  Then once adjustments are made I shoot field points again with a half dozen or so broadhead shots per practice session until opener and then I will shoot a couple here and there while season is ongoing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back