Dry run camp

Bowhunter65

Sep 5, 2016
Wondering how many guys set up camp at home for a dry run, checking my wall tent/cook shack and Bighorn 3 tent for holes, bent pipes,ect ect.

Terry

I do this as well. One more way for me to be certain that I?m not forgetting something. It?s easier to have a visual than it is to run a mental checklist. It all stems from the pictures of people posting with the their packs and the contents next to them. Don?t stop there, lay out the entire camp and get an idea of what you?re working with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelk said:
Thats what summer camping trips are for

This is what I do. I also check the tent every time we come home because we always set them up and spray them off before putting them away.

Just curious, are you referring to a wall tent that you spray?  and what do you spray them with?  Just curious

Yes, a wall tent. We set them up at home and spray them down inside and outside with a hose, then let them dry completely before putting the away. This assures us that we are putting the tent away dry and clean to help avoid mold, mildew, etc. By doing this, we have a tent that is over 25 years old and is still in excellent condition. It takes some time, but well worth the effort. As I mentioned, it also gives you a chance to inspect the tent for any issues and fix them, i.e. grommets, small holes in the tent, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back