Eastern Wyoming Whitetail Hunt

AaronJohnson

Mar 4, 2014
This year I picked up a leftover Eastern Wyoming Whitetail tag (rifle tag) due to the fact I had some good private access and a friend inviting me to come along. Long story short, I did not make it out until this weekend due to other commitments. My friend Dan put his tag on a 170\" buck the second weekend in November, his first whitetail!

The private access we had was being utilized by the landowner\'s family this last weekend to fill their remaining tags so we did not impose. No big deal. Did some homework and came up with a lot of WIHA\'s and State Land to hunt that looked promising for whitetails.

Dan and I headed out Saturday early and made the quick trip. It snowed the whole way and most of the day. Visibility pretty much sucked the whole trip and we didn\'t see many whitetails. We did however see a pile of mule deer and I got plenty of photo ops to share with the BTO crowd. No dead deer but some good times we had on our trip. The muley bucks were still rutty and it was a lot of fun to watch.

DSCN1111_zpszwqzivvm.jpg

a 170\" whitetail for his first whitetail????

GEEZ!!!!!!

This makes me happy that I got a preference point for WY.
I can go chase big whitetail or mulies out there soon.

Fantastic pictures, Aaron!

Aaron,

Do they offer a lot of leftover tags in WY?
If you purchase one does it take away one of your PPs?

Dan,

You can buy the leftovers w/o sacrificing points. Be cautious about the area as most don\'t have a lot of access open to public. The areas we hunted were primarily \"whitetail only\" as they are trying to sustain a lot of the areas for the mule deer.

Here is a pic of Dan\'s early November buck. Has lots of extra junk. Cool deer.

12227117_529892633843062_199388879499348342_n_zpsaenwzqvs.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back