Eberlestock RMEF Pack

Rich Z

Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone have one of these? If so what are your likes and dislikes.

Thanks
Rich

I bought one last august that I used on my elk hunt in October.  I wanted a pack that was small and comfortable enough to hunt with all day but that could take out a first load of meat.  I was drawn to this pack becasue of the frame and that is still one of my favorite features. 
The first problem I have with this pack is that it is nearly too small for me.  I'm 6'4" and at the largest adjustment the waist strap is barely on my hips and the shoulder straps are maxed out.  This wasn't a problem until I strapped a 70 lbs quarter to it for a 3 mile pack out.  There was too much weight on my shoulders and not enough on my hips.  In the 3 mile pack the load never shifted and I was comfortable until the last mile then the shoulder weight caught up to me. But as long as you are short enough that won't be a problem.
The other problem is strapping a quater to the pack.  I wish this pack had more straps and that they connected directly to the frame instead of the bag.  Before I left on my hunt I bought some extra straps and ended up using one to make sure that the load stayed close to my body and secure. 
I do like this pack but I wish that I had been able to fit test it before I bought it, I live in a very small town and the nearest sporting goods store didn't have any for me to try so I bought online.  I will continue using this pack for another 5 years or so until I can pass it on to my son and buy a larger pack to match my frame unless I can modify it to fit me better.
To summarize if it could adjust another 3 inches taller I would have no complaints.

Sounds like a pretty good review. I'm only 5'10 so it'd probably fit me a little better sounds like.

Thanks for your input.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back