Elk Bedding Question

zclarkTOK

Mar 20, 2019
I have a questions about the area I am hunting in New Mexico in the Capitans (Unit 37).  I have acess to a private land hunt on two properties.  Both of these lands have water and are surrounded by Forest Service lands.  I have not seen any bedding areas on the northern poperty and I do not believe there are any.  The only place would be in the NE and NW corner of the property on the attached map.

I have a question about the general bedding areas you would think are likely on the attached map.  I?m trying to determine where they might be coming from or going to once they hit the water tanks - so that i can determine the best set-ups. For one, I am on the south side of the ridge line for the Capitans.  So I?m looking for N facing finger coming down or an E facing slope.  What I am noticing though is that the heavy timber areas primarily occur on W facing slopes.

Would it be likely that they would be on these western facing slopes or should I be looking in different areas? 

Any advice or ideas are welcome!

ribo451 said:
What time of year? I've seen elk bed right out in the open in cooler weather.

It's early Oct. Fairly warm. Low 50s to high 70s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your attachment isn't showing up for me for some reason. I've tried in on my phone and computer with no luck. Any way to save it as an image, like a jpg?

cohunter14 said:
Your attachment isn't showing up for me for some reason. I've tried in on my phone and computer with no luck. Any way to save it as an image, like a jpg?
Let?s try this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back