elk calling

hooter44

May 20, 2013
how many of you have called younger bulls in by challenging them like the university of elk hunting video demonstrates not that I am after a little one but for a first bull elk with a bow or bull period  I don't think I will be picky I will be hunting OTC Colorado. I probably wrong but  my way of thinking would be a young bull would probably turn tail and run if challenged  By no means am I questioning the guy in the video  just curious on how many people it has worked for .

I bring in way more young bulls than old, I find in my area the old bulls turn tail and leave with thier cows and the young ones are way more likly to come in.those old boys didnt get old by being stupid.

A lot of young bulls an get excited and come running in to a challenge i think more to see what's going on than to find a fight.  They hear the commotion and come in to see if there's stray cows to poach. 

thanks for the info great stuff I am sure there are more questions coming trying to learn all I can

I also have called in more young bulls by challenging a mature bull or herd bull. I once watched as the herd bull watched the smaller satellite investigate first. He hung out at 120 yds. He would not abandone his cows. I guess he didn't like the results...satellite down!!!!

This is in  Western Washington so the bulls are a little smaller but the second bull is definitely a satellite bull.  We saw a big herd bull in there the night before and thought I was calling him in and around the corner walked the little guy  ;D

[youtube]http://youtu.be/UB2ZtU2GYE4[/youtube]

Elk Addict said:
I also have called in more young bulls by challenging a mature bull or herd bull. I once watched as the herd bull watched the smaller satellite investigate first. He hung out at 120 yds. He would not abandone his cows. I guess he didn't like the results...satellite down!!!!

this is my experience as well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back