Elk fit / Cross Fit

EatElk

Dec 31, 2012
I'm curious how many guys out there are cross fitting. I'll post our WODs on here for who ever is interested. Of course, proceed at your own risk.  :eek:

This is two WODs put together. You can do one or the other, or back to back like us. Modify the weights up or down according to your fitness level. Enjoy

Mountain Bowhunter said:
I am considering this but most of the wod's require some equipment and I am a long way from any town with a gym

+1  I just try to find anything to lift and help me get my workout on

DECK OF CARDS
Shuffle a deck of cards and flip one at a time till done.
Reps are the number and face cards are as follows
Ace = 15
King = 13
Queen = 12
Jack = 11
Jokers = 20 reps of Burpees or whatever you choice

If you don't have equipment do push ups, sit ups, air squat, burpees, jumping jacks, pull ups, or any number of other things. You can make weights from milk jugs filled with water, cement bricks, backpack filled with gear, or a splitting maul. You get the idea, excuses are just that, get creative.

Did one of the Girls this morning "Jackie". 1000 Meter row/ 50 squat thrusts/ 30 pullups. Time was 11:28..... Crossfit is a great workout!

Thanks eatelk! keep this up Im doing them with you, appreciate the effort. Man i cant wait to be back in the woods!

Today is cardio. Do something as hard as you can for one hour. Hike hills, run, climbs stairs, just get that ticker in the red zone.

I really appreciate you posting this stuff. I am crunched for time and haven't started a full on schedule yet.....I know its an excuse haha. But coaching hockey really takes up some time for me in the winter,although it is still a decent work out on ice. Beginning of march I am hitting it full on with a schedule. I'm going to look back on these and give them a try. Thanks again.

Hey I think this awesome, thank you!!  I am a long time wyo resident with a new baby in our home and I have had little time to workout lately!! Saddening but I'm doing what I can to stay elk fit, I work a crazy schedule and I would never take my boys to the sitter in my days off!! Financially and morally I relish these times but wanting to stay tuned is tough!! So thanks again!! You never know which wyo tag you may land next, entry or OTC either way my bow and I will be ready.

Modified "Fight gone bad"

3 rounds count total reps each round and total at end. Do 5 rounds if you want to take it to the next level.

1 min max reps on each exercise no breaks till end
Wall balls 20lbs
Sumo deadlift high pull 75 lbs
Box jumps 20"
Push press 75 lbs
Row for cals or do burpees
1 min break
repeat

I run a lot in the mountains my longest run was 6 1/2hrs most are around 5hrs. started running Jan.31st 2010 I have lost 50lbs. just turned 54yrs young. http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/Indianw/P1080314.jpg

DECK OF CARDSShuffle a deck of cards and flip one at a time till done. Reps are the number and face cards are as followsAce = 15King = 13Queen = 12Jack = 11Jokers = 20 reps of Burpees or whatever you choice
Pick 4 exercises
Hearts = Pull ups
Diamonds = Box jumps
Clubs = Toes to bar
Spades = Thrusters 95/65

12 mins AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
shoot for 5-7

extra credit is at the bottom
10 rounds
20 double unders or 40 single jump rope
20 ball slams 20lbs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back