Elk Hunting Forum - Trial and Error

\"Bullnuts\" said:
A lot of tubes just have a plastic sound to them. I personally like the sawed off whiffle ball bat that I made last year. It doesn\'t have a huge bell on the end and doesn\'t resonate as badly as others I\'ve used.

I agree with you. The manufactures are building a thinner wall tube or bats to save costs and some are just using different material to achieve the same thing. What I look for is a thicker wall not just the tube size. That wall thickness helps elevate the plastic sound. When I get a moment I will post the brand and picture of the ones I have. They have been the best of me so far. Over the last few years I have tried around 35 different tube combo\'s.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:
Before I get myself in trouble here, is it alright to mention a product by name, and the manufacturer, and point out the (bad) as well as the (good) points about their product?

WW thanks for bringing this up, I thought about the same thing after I made a post.

All
I understand the hesitancy of posting certain items [ really I do - ha ha!]

But this isnt a forum where information is filtered.

We all work hard for the short amount time in the elk woods, and if someone has information to share that will lessen the learning curve,
by all means POST IT.

The \'big, bad moderator\' isnt here

\'My way or the highway\' doesnt apply

Several have mentioned adding emotion to your calling. That is great! As a matter of fact, that is exactly what the elk themselves do.

Some will try to impress you with all the different sounds and language an elk can make. He is just trying to impress everyone so he can sell you his products. And it can get real confusing real fast for less experienced hunters. Hey! A bugle is still a bugle. But it is all about the emotion behind that bugle that makes a difference. The same goes for cow/calf sounds.

If you think you need to know all the different sounds, that is fine. But it can get really confusing for some, especially the first time hunters. So, if the link I have tried to attach here works, It simplifies things by using only three different elk sounds. It has been a proven method for 7 time world champion elk caller Corey Jacobsen. I\'m sure Corey can duplicate just about any sound an elk can produce. But this is his proven, go to method.

I got banned from another forum just for mentioning Corey\'s name. There is a bitter resentment for Corey. And I apologize to a couple of guys that got caught up and banned as well for supporting me. Sorry guys.

Anyhow, here is Coreys seminar and it is a very simple way to call. Oh by the way it is about an hour long so pull up a chair and grab a cup of Joe. <!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWh3KCoIXE\">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWh3KCoIXE</a><!-- m -->

Just to reinforce WW here, if you all don\'t know him he\'s one heck of an elk caller. He got invited to Nationals in Vegas a couple years ago - I think he stayed home to feed his horses though. When WW talks elk calling, it\'s important to listen! He knows what he\'s talking about!

\"Bullnuts\" said:
Just to reinforce WW here, if you all don\'t know him he\'s one heck of an elk caller. He got invited to Nationals in Vegas a couple years ago - I think he stayed home to feed his horses though. When WW talks elk calling, it\'s important to listen! He knows what he\'s talking about!

Yeah I\'m still waiting on an invite to his honeyhole where he makes one call and the bull comes running in to commit suicide by arrow ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back