Elk jerky

Use High country seasonings, they really are good. We all ways add a few more dash's of salt, pepper, garlic eCT...
DSCF7235.jpg

I like to keep it in slices and not ground up.
Just like "whtelk", shows in the picture. If I am looking at it right. And how mine usually turns out the best is if I keep it simple. I've tried plenty of online, Magazine, Book, recipes but I have to say I like mine the best with just some salt in pepper. I just like the way the meat tastes and I find I just disguise it the more I try.....probably because im not very good at it!

This one I have had success with but cannot take credit for it. I received this recipe from a co worker he uses with venison. I still like the strips better  ;)
3lbs meat (ground up)
1/2 cup soy
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce

I use the Cabela's jerky seasoning packs. My favorite so far is "Inferno" it has a little kick. It's a great way to use up older elk burger.

thanks for reminding me I need to make some soon.I usually just use the High Country stuff but might try the recipe above and see how it is.

tried many but a nice thick terriyaki sauce with my own seasons greek season,garlic salt and lemon pepper,done in the dehydrator not smoker  works awesome.Normaly do about 75 to 100 lbs of it each year and it goes fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back