Elk Targets

Pat

Feb 9, 2014
My son and I have been lookingfor some life size elk archery targets or even some life size elk vital area targets and really have had no luck.  Since we are primarily whitetail and turkey hunters from PA and make it to CO every other year, I am not looking to shell out the big bucks for a McKenzie or Rhinehart.  Just looking for something to size that we can slap on some sheets of foam and cardbaord and do some practicing on before our September hunt.

Here is a link to a life size elk target you can make yourself. Trying to talk my 15 yr. old son in to making one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oko97cqwqw

Thats a pretty nifty video my thoughts on it are a bit more simple paper plate lol if you can hit that you can kill an elk. they have the same basic set up as a deer its just a larger spot and heavier bone but if you can hit the sweet spot on a deer target you can tattoo an elk all day the heart and lung area on an elk are four times the size of a basic paper plate picture shooting a brown paper grocery bag thats your true target area.
now precision is best but there is some forgiveness i shoot at one inch stickers for deer up to forty yards i shoot at a 3 inch sticker for elk out to 80 so far i want to get to 100 but if im off the sticker an inch or two im not gonna beat my self up its still a soild kill 

That's pretty awesome.  Thanks for the info!  Just looking at what he did in the video gave me some ideas how I can change it up a bit more.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll try to make one.  Again, thanks!

PAP JR said:
That's pretty awesome.  Thanks for the info!  Just looking at what he did in the video gave me some ideas how I can change it up a bit more.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll try to make one.  Again, thanks!

No prob. Show us what you come up with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back