Ever see a spot you know on a forum?

Deertick

Mar 2, 2014
Have you ever been looking at an internet hunting forum and notice something ... familiar about a story or thread?

As in: \"Hey, I\'ve been there.\"

Not on a forum But last year at Tim\'s turkey hunting Scott was telling Tim about a area he hunted. As I\'m listening I\'m thinking to myself I know this spot. Turns out me and Scott shot our first bull on the same mtn in the same draw and all most the same spot. Small world.

I have too.

Especially If you pay close attention to the background/landscape in pics posted online

Definitely. The area I left that became overrun with hunters is now a popular place to which to send others others on hunting forums, apparently.

What kills me is when someone asks a generic question about a unit and someone replies with \"go about half a mile up Mission creek and there\'s a great plateau leading to a saddle\" etc.. I see this on the big forums that have up to 50,000 unique visitors a day. Once it\'s out there, you can\'t unring the bell.

Yea several times.. Not as bad as when you see the buck you pre-scouted for years on the cover of a magazine in the winter. I spent the entire first 5 days of muzzy last year looking for him and wondered why I could not find him again lol! Thankfully after 5 days I ran into some elk hunters who said a archer took a big non typical buck. It ended up going just over 220\"

Here are a couple of live pics.

[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->deer L 005.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->deer L 008.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• deer L 005.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 104
  • deer L 008.JPG
    741.8 KB · Views: 104

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back