Exo packs?

bvillebeaver

Aug 25, 2017
Looking to purchase an Exo 3500 as a day pack. Was wondering if that pack was also efficient in hauling a heavy load, i.e. An elk 1/4+?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely! If you watched any of the Born and Raised stuff this year, they were using the Exo 3500 to haul 1/4 or more.

Before you get the 3500 look at the 5500.  (See comparison chart below) They both collapse to basically the same size for your day hunts.  At 0.3 pounds more for the 5500 the extra capacity is more then worth it when you need it.

Regardless, one of the best all around packs you will ever own.

note:2017 prices

I'm considering upgrading from my Kuiu Ultra 6000 to a ECO or Kifaru. I do 3 to 5 day bivy hunts and need it to double as a day pack. Thoughts?

The 3500 is perfect for 3-5 days bivy hunts. I use it for a day pack also and it works great. I went with the 3500 so I only take what I need, not what I think I might need. My partner wants the 5500 and he takes everything plus the kitchen sink. You can?t go wrong with either one!!

I can get my whole camp in my Kuiu 3500. The only thing that doesn't fit is food. I strap it to the top in a drysack which is used to hang it from bears also. The only difference between 2 or 10 days for me is the amount of food.

Yes the 3500 can definitely handle a heavy load.  Me and a brother took out a cow elk in one trip[ last year.  Both of us had the 3500, we were also able to bring a good amount of gear with us as well.

I went with the Kuiu 1850 and 6000 bags. Mainly because they were running a killer deal. I have not had any issues running their packs. Except i feel like i am cheating on sitka every time i put it on.

Exo is by far the best pack I?ve owned.  It?s worth every penny plus some. As far as kuiu bags I know guys that run them as well as first had experience with cracking a frame.  Plus out of the 6 guys I know over half squeak under weight.  We actually named someone Squeak 3 years ago due to the pack. Haha! Anyways Exo, I believe has a 30 day for guarantee so you can check it out due to factory direct sales.  My previous pack was the Metcalf.

Also I did the same loadout in the exo as the kuiu in comparison models I could fit a couple extra clothing items and my food into the exo and still have enough room to compress it a bit more.

I?m thoroughly impressed and have no regrets. I?ve rucked with it a few times And loving every mile

ha  what rock has the original poster dude been living under???  just kidding... exo packs are awesome.. i started with an el cheapo, then to an outdoorsmen " used" then to an exo after seeing what corey used and after i realized how important a good pack was.. nothing wrong with the outdoorsmen, it just did not fit me very well..  the way i grew up hunting elk originally was on horses so a pack was not worried about. only the pack horse and paniards!! but thats changed    i switched this year again tho from the exo 3500 to a kifaru . my hunting partner and my inner gear junky made a solid case to switch...  im finding pros and cons to both    really digging the kifaru so far    mystery ranch ,, exo ,, kifaru ,, and hell even stone glacier packs are starting to get a lot of attention      i personally place the your pack in the highest of priorities..  right even with my weapon.. no sense in killing something if cant move it efficiently, and after making solo kills and solo pack outs you figure that out.    you get what you pay for  a lot of guys try and go cheap here and they fail    in the end could of just put the money they dumped into a horn hunter or badlands pack into one of the big 4  buy once  cry once  all my own opinion gained through personal experience and mistakes made 

Yes Exo can definitely carry a load and are great packs.  I have one and have the 3500 as well as the 2200 daypack.  Depending on your intent the daypack bag may be better suited.  I?ll use the 3500 for backpacking but for day hunts typically switch to the 2200.  Super easy to switch them out

YES !!! I looked into all the different packs .. and I went with the EXO 3500.  There is a lot of preference in a pack ... as the top 3 make really good packs ... its just a matter of what fits your hunting style and camo pattern best.  I mix match the best of exo with the kifaru ultralight organizers in my pack.  works really well and keeps everything nice and tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back