Expandable broadheads

planebow

Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone on here hunt with expandable heads.  Here in MT they are legal, I tried them on one bull and I must say that it did the trick but I was not that impressed. I made a heart shot but just poked out of the hide on the opposite side. I have switched back to the Shuttle T's.  With some of the new heads that are coming out I might have to give them a try again, but still another thing to go wrong.

10 4 on that one!  Have hunted with and guided lots of fellas with expandables and they may be great for those whitetails but have lost way too many elk with those things.  Was it the broadhead? Not sure but wondering if they opened really sucks when find no elk at the end of the blood trail.  My MUZZIES always open!

I've always thought the expandable broadheads would introduce another opportunity for something to fail.  I like to keep it simple with a fix blade.  Granted I'm new and little experience but just seems logical.

I'm going to be trying the Grim Reaper Mathews Edition next year looks as if they will be deadly. Will come back and report next fall.

I love expandable broadheads but here in Idaho they are illegal to use along with illuminated nocks.

I bought swhacker broadheads this past hunting season shot 5 whitetail with them was very impressed with penetration and blood trail (blood trail was awesome even where I first shot the deer there was good blood) shot 2 big bodied bucks and 3 doe this doe was quartering away from me at 20 yards cut 5 ribs in half and made a 19'' gash in her rib cage

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 002.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 003.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back