Extreme elk spring edition article

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
???Don't have it with me to quote but did anyone else have a problem with the guys who shot the elk the articles writer had shot the day before and was tracking? 

I did not read the artical but if the animal is still up and moving it far game.I have taken down more than one animal that some one else had wounded.In most cases its a wounded animal and no one is tracking it.I have taken to down just because they were suffering and one because I didnt know it was wonded,that one I let the original shooter have it.He shoot it in the rear leg 3 times,alot of the meat was wasted.

This particular story definitely made me think about ethics. The hunter had shot a big bull the night before, and ran into another father/son hunting group soon after the shot. It was just before dark, so he decided to back out and resume tracking in the morning. He informed the father/son of his decision (they also knew the big bull was in the area).

The next morning, the hunter was back at daylight and took up the bloodtrail. As he followed it across the hill, he heard voices below him, so he dropped down to see what was going on. The father/son were standing over the big bull, and told him they had shot the bull. His arrow was stillin it, a little far back quartering into the body cavity. Makes me wonder if they found the bull dead and just put a couple arrows in it....

I wondered about that myself.  If I knew another hunter just shot the big bull I was hunting I would have helped him look for it the next morning, not tried to get in there before the guy and claim it as my own.  I guess only the father and son will know the truth.

I feel the same way about that article. It fired me up just reading it. I am normally very mild mannered, but liars get me edgy. I just feel like either way that was very unethical and those guys will have to live with whatever the truth is for the rest of their lives.

Iffy for sure, the timing is very suspect.  How would they be on it first thing in the morning before the shooter?  Very questionable, but hopefully he questions his decision every time he looks at it hanging on his wall...if he actually did anything wrong which sounds like only his group knows for sure.

That bothered me for sure. I'm with a couple of you, wonder if they just found it dead, shot it and claimed it? Game theft is for sure a concern, lots of shady peoplle out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back