Extreme Elk TV show or DVD?

bulldown

Dec 28, 2012
Corey,
  Do you have any plans for an Extreme Elk TV show or hunting DVD?  I know a lot of us are looking forward to watching your 2012 hunts as well as the other prostaff members hunts.

Bulldown

I LIKE it bulldown! All elk hunts ALL the time! I know the webisodes keep my excitement up come April when I'm REALLY itching for some elk action!

You mean a show that actually had real elk hunting where callers actually sound like elk and not a sick animal ;) So many of these shows now days do not teach you anything, they just show a guy shoot an elk on some ranch that has no pressure or they shoot an elk at 1000 yards or something. Don't get me wrong I love seeing the elk but after hunting the on public land for long enough you know what they are doing in just not possible where you hunt. There are a couple good shows but one that was more real and provided lessons would be great!

My Bookcliffs archery hunt from last fall will be highlighted on Fencepost Films 'The Short Season' (www.theshortseason.com)...it should be out later this spring. We had professional cameraman, Ronan Donovan, along with us and he captured some amazing footage.

I did catch a glimpse of the DVD project last night, and it's looking great as well! :)

And did someone say something about a TV show?  ;)

I would love more western hunting shows.  eastmans and western hunter are the only 2 I know of. elk is my favorite to watch. along with back country mulies

Check out Determination Outdoors videos for some western hunting. There are only three videos but I think they are great. Watch them and let me know what you think. They have a lot of fun in them which some people did not like but I thought they were great.

Here is my DIY public land AZ elk hunt. Airs Thursday Jan 31st 830 pm on sportsman's channel!!

https://outlanderstv.com/show/episode/elk-cedar-and-arrows-the-big-bulls-of-the-white-mountains

Keep us posted Corey...
+1 to the previous post about educational content as well as hunting footage...it's all very well whackin' 'em 'n' stackin' 'em....but first a) you have to find your game and b) get within bow range; anything to help us learn "How To" will be a great asset (especially for this 42 Year old newby  ;D  )

Yeah too many show just show a guy shoot an elk.  a few shows will show the location and calling so you can learn some by watching.  But it would be great to have more discussion of technique.  Plus i wouldn't mind a few less whitetail shows

I hear that about the whitetail hunting. I understand they pretty much have to cater to what the majority of people probably hunt for  though. I enjoy watching elk whether they are being hunted or not. I do like the way the RMEF talks about what they do for elk and elk hunting though. But the key will be in realistic calling and OTC hunts that show how real hunting works. And they don't have to be herd bulls!

I agree with Fullabull.  Love when it's public land that the average guy does.  I have a fond respect for the guys that head out on foot into the backcountry and get it done.  I definitely don't hunt the most extreme terrain, but would love to do a high country mule deer hunt in CO or backcountry elk hunt some day.  There is nothing more rewarding than bringing a bunch of extra weight out on your back to make you appreciate the hunt that much more.  It doesn't have to be a huge bull to make a memory of a lifetime.  Love shows that show those hunts more than any others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back