Favorite campfire foods!!

KUIUGirl39

Jan 29, 2013
Just curious to wait a couple of your favorite campfire foods are! I know alot of us are backpackers and rarely get the oppertunity to carry such heavy stuff but there is nothing better than Dump Cake in the Dutch Oven over a fire!!! YUMMM ;D

Fresh brookies in foil--just the break from freeze dried after 4-5 days!.  I also will make the apple, cored with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon wrapped in foil.  Last year I took up a Foil Dinner and that was the first night's meal while we set up camp.  Used Italian sausage, onions, potatoes, sweet/green peppers, fresh mushrooms, spices and some cream of mushroom soup--delicious.

BTW, what is Dump Cake?  I was in scouting for years and don't recognize that one.

Attachments

• Foil Dinner Recipes.docx
    140.5 KB · Views: 1
simple!!every thing taste better over a camp fire,I have a good size motor home with all the modern ways to cook but I try to still do my cooking over the fire.only exception is when we have a fire restriction .that seems to happen every year now in july and august,somtimes into september.

My wife and I make tin foil dinners about once a month in the summer. Nothing like elk burger cooked in tin foil over an open fire!

Fish wrapped in foil with some different seasonings always tastes great.  One year a friend of mine secretly brought in a frozen pizza when I took him sheep hunting.  I was skeptical at first but damn it was good.

Attachments

• 2010hunting0179.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
That pizza is hilarious...

We like to do fresh fish with seasonings.  Always better over campfire after hiking all day.  Usually I don't do trout-type fish meat but in the woods over an open fire with the right season it is heaven.  Fire roasted grouse is also a camp favorite for us.  Mix in some wild onion and it's golden. 
One of the grossest and surprisingly delicious things I ever had was spam with easy cheese.  ( I know it sounds awful)  I was peer pressured into it in conjunction with a pint of whiskey and tried it.  Have to say it was actually pretty good at the time.  Cooked the spam on a pan and topped it with the squeeze cheese.

Venison heart, Morrell mushrooms, wild onions and potatoes man mymouth is watering just thinking of it

Hobo dinners wrapped in tin foil. Elk burger, potatoes, carrots, onions and some mushroom soup to keep things good and moist.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back