favorite hunt

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
i know this is an elk site, but whats your favorite game to hunt.
mine is ducks, i love it when they set there wings an come down. plus its several shots a day instead of one a year.

when the birds are in, ducks are tough to beat.... but duck hunting has become spotty along ol miss in my neck of the woods. if I could take off on a spots notice and head to the river when a front pushes them through, there is nothing finer. turkey is my second drug of choice after elk. cant wait to go after my grand slam in 1 year. that\'s after I kill my first bull with a bow.

My 2nd fav hunt [behind archery elk] is muzzleloader WT in Nebraska
I usually get doe tags and they still get me pumped carrying my 50 cal Hawken

Too many other choices ...

1. Rifle pronghorn can be just an absolute blast. You can \"dial up\" or \"dial down\" the intensity or difficulty of the hunt and the meat is as good or better than elk. Sneaking, crawling ... you feel like a 12 year-old playing \"Army\" again. Generally decent weather. My son and I each have a buck and 2 doe tags this year.

2. I\'d love to hunt a good spot for wild pheasants again, especially behind a good dog. The last dog to die at our place was a yellow lab who was an absolute joy to hunt behind. Hunting in a preserve/stocked-bird area is very disappointing after growing up with wild birds.

3. It\'d be nice to go on a whitetail doe hunt in an area with a population that needs to be cut back a bit and enjoy the hunt with friends.

I\'d say that since starting on the archery elk path, nothing else compares, but it does make hunts with more opportunity (denser game concentrations) attractive. Pronghorn, pheasants, turkeys, and sometimes, as Brad said, muzzleloader deer hunts are great. Frankly, after September, I\'m up for something \"easier\".

Second to elk hunting has to be deer. I enjoy hunting both Mule deer and Blacktails. They are totally different hunts but are both challenging and fun.

Any of ya that knows me have a real good idea what I\'ll have to say... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ducks and bucks in that order.... :D :D

Reason bein\' I am still able to hunt um a bit :upthumb: :upthumb: whereas I just can\'t hunt elk anymore... :cry: :cry:

Couldn\'t resist... ;) ;) Just gota throw in a few duck picture for last Sat. of last years duck season... :shh: :shh:

Elk is number one on my list, but I have to say everything else is a close second. I just love being out hunting, whether that is for deer, antelope, geese, pheasants, coyotes, etc. I honestly can\'t rank them in an order outside of elk being number one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back