Favorite Sitka pant model??

Bwhnt12

Mar 27, 2018
I am looking to go all Sitka this year and I have no options for trying them on around here. Any advice on which pants are the best comfort wise for the Montana mountains in mid September would be greatly appreciated
Also while I have you I am 6? 235lbs planning to be 215 before I leave this year. Will XL Sitka jacket be a good fit or should I go XXL?

What are the temps that you're looking at during mid Sept and how do you typically run your layers?

Do you prefer a light pant that you can pair with some base layers?
Or do you just want a warmer pant so you don't need to worry about layering?

A got a pair of the Mountain pants last year and was comfortable with a layer during September snow storms and they breath very well when it warmed up and started to sweat.  WRT to the jacket, Sitka has a sizing chart on their website.  Personal preference, but I prefer the jacket to be a little large so that I can layer underneath.

The Mountain and Timberline pants are my favorite. I'd really like to get the Ascent pant as well for those warm fall days, but the ascent pant fits way too tight for my liking. Think of them as camo skinny jeans  :lol:

The Timberline is basically the same as the Mountain pant, except with the reinforced butt and knees. On warm fall days you could wear either of those with no layer underneath and be fine, or too warm if anything. And if it's chilly, a base layer underneath and you are good to go.

As far as the jacket goes, I'd say you are good with XL. I'm 6'4" and 235lbs and the XL is plenty big for me.

for the money you get more out of the timberline but the mtn pant i ran last year and there solid

Thanks for the help guys. I do plan on layering. I will most likely go with the mountain pants. Thanks again

All of Sitka?s gear is intended to be used as a layering system. Mountain pants will treat you good. You can call Sitka directly and they will send you multiple layer systems. It can be a bit of a sales pitch but gives you a good idea of the different weights of each article.

I?ve got both the Ascent pant and the mountain pant.  If it?s warm the Ascent pants are awesome.  I wore them through a lot of season last year.  If it?s starts to get cooler temps the mountain pants are great.  Wore them through all of rifle season and with a base layer they work great into temps down into teens.

Hard to go against the Mountain Pant, you can dress them up or down depending on the temps. And IMO they are the best all around pant Sitka has to offer.

Mountain pants are my favorite. They are hard to beat in my opinion. As for the jacket, I?m similar sized and wear XXL. It gives you some room for layering.

I used ascent pants last year in the snow with a base layer underneath. It was in the teens for temperatures and I was fine. I am also 6'5" and about 200 lbs. I also have a 40 inch inseam and sitka is the only brand I have found that come close to fitting me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back