Favorite Wild Game Recipes

Mountain Bowhunter

Jan 2, 2013
Thought this would be an interesting thread.  I'll start

We make an awesome venison spaghetti.  We use ground venison and pork with various spices to make sausage for the meat sauce.  Also add orange and yellow bell peppers.  One of the best dishes I've ever had

I love to make venison just like you would chicken fried steak.  Of course everything tastes good fried!

My favorite is elk Tacos  ;D  Pretty simple , I use gropund garlic to taste (quite a bit for me) diced fresh onion, about 1/2 onion per pound more if you like, I use the costco Taco seasoning and spinkle it on to my taste.Dont forget to add some fresh cilantro either to the meat or just add it cold .  Take some corn tortillas and fry them up in a pan with oliveoil . Add meat , cheese , some salsa, and then your lettuce .... yummy elk tacos!

dplumlee12 said:
I love to make venison just like you would chicken fried steak.  Of course everything tastes good fried!

yeas I love doing this with minute steaks.  I soak them in milk for a while, salt and pepper and bread them in flower, then fry in vegetable oil.  awesome

Bucklucky said:
My favorite is elk Tacos  ;D  Pretty simple , I use gropund garlic to taste (quite a bit for me) diced fresh onion, about 1/2 onion per pound more if you like, I use the costco Taco seasoning and spinkle it on to my taste.Dont forget to add some fresh cilantro either to the meat or just add it cold .  Take some corn tortillas and fry them up in a pan with oliveoil . Add meat , cheese , some salsa, and then your lettuce .... yummy elk tacos!

never heard about elk tacos but sounds good

I love elk tacos !! Chicken Fried elk steak with elk sausage gravy is another favorite of mine. When making the elk steak use a cubbed steak cut, roll it in flower that has been seasoned with poultry seasoning and paprica and black peppper and then fry it in Olive oil. To make the gravy I always cook a pound of elk sausage throw it in a bowl. Make a rue Maybee a half stick of butter and  enough flour to make a paste , add milk maybee 2 cups and boil, you can add the cooked elk sausage. Oh by the way cook the sausage just like you would the elk burger.  Thats so good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back