Fetching arrow wraps?

F M

Aug 3, 2017
I have a question for those of you who shoot arrows with wraps on them. I just bought some more of the same arrows I always shoot but now they come with wraps on them. Do you have to do any prep to the wrap before you glue a vane on them? Never used them before.
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->20150620_112733.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• 20150620_112733.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 194
Francis, I have fletched over wraps before and did not do any prep other than cleaned them well. I was afraid something like acetone or lacquer thinner would damage the wrap. I use fusion vanes with Goat Tuff glue and when I have knocked a vane off the wrap under it came off with it.

These are Axis 400s. One done and another in the jig now. I like the way they look.

\"zpd307\" said:
I agree! the white will really show the blood well after the hit :cool:
It does. I used the Axis 340\'s last year and found my arrow 40 yards past my deer...covered in blood. :twisted:

I think they turned out pretty good.
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->20150622_062412.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• 20150622_062412.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 155
20140920_145837-1.jpg
:dance2:

Sorry Cliff I should have said the one\'s on mine are 7\".

Good question Brad. I will have to weigh my arrows and compare the two.

Less than 10 usually, Brad. 6-10 depending obviously on size.

Those Axis wraps are \"ok\" in my opinion. Bohning sells some really quality wraps. I strip my Axis wraps (easiest wrap ever to strip by the way) and use a pink 4\" Bohning wrap. Very easy to see my arrows.

4\" Bohning carbon arrow wraps weigh 5 to 5.6 grains.

I replace my 7\" Easton axis factory crests with 4\" wraps. I use the tiger pattern. White & 2nd color.

I like the solid white wraps from Bohning easy to pick up in flight and easier to see when there is blood on them.

\"F M\" said:
Sorry Cliff I should have said the one\'s on mine are 7\".

Good question Brad. I will have to weigh my arrows and compare the two.[/quote
Haha. Clearly my bad.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back